i just bought myself a gibson faded series red flying v and i was wondering if i could install a floyd rose tremolo system in one of those. i am asking because i was an SG man before v's as this is my first v and i need a tremolo for the stuff i do. any replies or personal experiences with a floyd in a v, if even possible, and if it was a good or bad experience.
Quote by Ghost901
i just bought myself a gibson faded series red flying v and i was wondering if i could install a floyd rose tremolo system in one of those. i am asking because i was an SG man before v's as this is my first v and i need a tremolo for the stuff i do. any replies or personal experiences with a floyd in a v, if even possible, and if it was a good or bad experience.

Yeah, it is possible man. However, it'll cost quite a bit. Good luck.
Celtic FootballClub1888
can someone give me a price range for how much it will cost for the tremolo system?
You'll need to get the body routed for the new bridge, especially if you want it floating. It's a fair bit of work, but you can do it. However, I might suggest one of the Kahler options - they make a trem that would be much easier to install (and does not require body modding, I believe.)
no
Quote by bucky_2300
You'll need to get the body routed for the new bridge, especially if you want it floating. It's a fair bit of work, but you can do it. However, I might suggest one of the Kahler options - they make a trem that would be much easier to install (and does not require body modding, I believe.)

the kahler systems do require some routing but not as much as a floryd rose

they have a base plate for the springs set into an inch deep routed hole
although i do recall seeing a version that can hook up onto standard bridge pins - but i think it still needs the routing..
thanks bucky, but i am going to have to say that you are 100% wrong when you say that Zeppelin sucks. i will guarantee that led zeppelin could kick the shit out of any of the bands that you think are good unless they are AC/DC or pretty much any good classic rock
Definitely go with a kahler over a floyd because it requires way less routing(if any depending on the model), its easier to change strings, larger range, doesnt change tuning with heavy palm muting on the bridge, made out of better material, and they are supposed to sound better.
There is more reasons but thats off the top of my head.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
60 to 70 dollars on guitarfetish.com
My Gear:
Shecter C-1+
Hohener Acoustic
Sound Gear sg305dx Bass
Homemade 2x12 Cabinet loaded with Eminence
Texas Heat Speakers
Epi Valve Junior Head
and as soon as it ships
from Musiciansfriend a EH Metal Muff
Quote by Ghost901
thanks bucky, but i am going to have to say that you are 100% wrong when you say that Zeppelin sucks. i will guarantee that led zeppelin could kick the shit out of any of the bands that you think are good unless they are AC/DC or pretty much any good classic rock

Keep it in your pants, buddy. Classic rock isn't the be all and end all of modern music, far from it. The first instance of a music type in history is never its epitome. And as much as I admire your sweeping generalization in your statement that Led Zeppelin are far better than any band I like (unless you like them as well) I'm wont to call you an asshole for it.

I'm entitled to an opinion as much as you are - probably more in fact, as I've worked my way through enough musical styles and genres that I know exactly where my tastes lie, and what I consider to be good music. I listen to and have listened to everything from Chuck Berry to Gorgoroth, and I think that Led Zeppelin sucks. Sloppy guitar playing just does not go over well with me, and Robert Plant's vocals irritate me to no end. The music of mid-late baby boomers is just not for me, I suppose.

EDIT: To stay somewhat on track, it's the Kahler 2200 in particular. It does require top routing, but is designed to retrofit most stud-mount bridges (i.e. Flying V, Les Paul) and it's Kahler, so no need to worry about quality.
no
Actually, to get a GOOD Kahler, it would be about the same price, if not more as getting a Floyd Rose and having someone route it out for you.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by bucky_2300
Keep it in your pants, buddy. Classic rock isn't the be all and end all of modern music, far from it. The first instance of a music type in history is never its epitome. And as much as I admire your sweeping generalization in your statement that Led Zeppelin are far better than any band I like (unless you like them as well) I'm wont to call you an asshole for it.

I'm entitled to an opinion as much as you are - probably more in fact, as I've worked my way through enough musical styles and genres that I know exactly where my tastes lie, and what I consider to be good music. I listen to and have listened to everything from Chuck Berry to Gorgoroth, and I think that Led Zeppelin sucks. Sloppy guitar playing just does not go over well with me, and Robert Plant's vocals irritate me to no end. The music of mid-late baby boomers is just not for me, I suppose.

EDIT: To stay somewhat on track, it's the Kahler 2200 in particular. It does require top routing, but is designed to retrofit most stud-mount bridges (i.e. Flying V, Les Paul) and it's Kahler, so no need to worry about quality.

wow, I can't come back from that, and i guess that now that I understand I am going to have to respect your decision in saying that Zeppelin sucks.
Quote by Ghost901
wow, I can't come back from that, and i guess that now that I understand I am going to have to respect your decision in saying that Zeppelin sucks.

Unexpected...Only in the Pit...