I started playing acoustic guitar about 3 months ago, when I mean "playing", i mean just messing around. I finally got around to getting lessons and went to my first one tuesday. I learned the main riff to Bat Country, and decided to proceed in learning all i want, i need an electric guitar. I have one at my dad's, but he's not to keen on me bringing it back and forth between my moms house and his place. Im looking for a good noob guitar, preferably packaged with and amp. Not a squire though, just cause its too cliche imo.
Ibanez starter packs aren't too bad compared to others.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
ibanez are sweet
another good starter pack is a washburn and ive heard of gibson or epiphone but never tried them b4
I'de go with the Squier or Ibanez packs. When you have those guitar set up right, they actually play and sound pretty good.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Don't get a guitar pack.

Quote by FacingUsAll
For a starter electric guitar, I think the very best is a Behringer iAXE393 for the following reasons:

1) It's cheap. Only $99.

2) The 3 Single coils will help you develop your ear because of the different tones you can get from 5-way switching.

3) It's got a trem that you can learn goofy trem-crap on .

4) It plugs into your computer and runs off of amp modeling software so you don't have to waste money on a crappy amp that you'll want to get rid of later on.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ur gona hate me for this, but get a squier strat- its cheap, and it doesnt sound horrific! i started on one! and theyre alrite
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain:0
Bass:0
Mid:0
Treble:0
Presence:0
Master Volume:0
Quote by slash_cardy
ur gona hate me for this, but get a squier strat- its cheap, and it doesnt sound horrific! i started on one! and theyre alrite

That's your opinion. And it's wrong.
nah theyre not for a starter, theyre pretty good and good value for money
Quote by toddpens8771

I still use my squier whenever I need a single coil sound, so shut your mouth you ignorant asshole.
Dickless.
Quote by toddpens8771

and that's your opinion. and it's wrong.

no starter guitar is vastly better than the others- it's all a matter of personal taste. i wouldn't recommend a squier pack, since you're looking for a heavier sound, which means humbuckers. the squier has single coils. personally, i'd go with the yamaha or the ibanez.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I still use my squier whenever I need a single coil sound, so shut your mouth you ignorant asshole.

hahaha nice one friend
Squier '51.
Some cheap amp.

...I have a thing for Squier '51's, shoot me.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.