Page 1 of 2
i just got my first jackson and want to know wht other people think of jackson.also is it true they are owned by fender?
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
As you can see below i own a jackson and its a kickass beast... it has great sound and its just overall nice.. and yes they are owned by fender
Quote by MikeWO
That's like asking if you can get fat by looking at a burger.

Quote by Mein Kampf
Black people still exist?

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
Quote by Kaininmich
As you can see below i own a jackson and its a kickass beast... it has great sound and its just overall nice.. and yes they are owned by fender

fukkkkkkkkkk.............not the biggest fan of fender. lol
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Quote by silvertoness11
fukkkkkkkkkk.............not the biggest fan of fender. lol

Do you dislike Jackson now, simply because it's owned be Fender?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
well, idk what to say i own a fender fm212R and thats a nice amp and i use my jackson thru it, idk i mean I dont have too much an opinion on fender but yeah so far its good and so has the customer service, ( i lost my warrenty form so i called to set it up over the phone using my stuff in the manual...)... but yeah.. they are a pretty good company... they took a decent guitar company and bought it and used they're hook ups and made it better.. well if you buy a mid to high range guitar but the cheaper shit is just that.. shit...
Quote by MikeWO

Quote by Mein Kampf

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
First Jackson I ever played was at my local music shop. I strummed a Emaj7, and the D string broke right off it. Never touched one again.

Go Parkers.
Quote by rooster456
First Jackson I ever played was at my local music shop. I strummed a Emaj7, and the D string broke right off it. Never touched one again.

Go Parkers.

Ummm, olde strings? Parkers... Ew...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
^A string breaking is not much of a way to judge a guitar; if anything, it should tell you something about the brand of strings or just remind you that guitar shops always have old strings.
Yeah , my jackson the only problem i had was with the set up from the shop, no one there knew how to set up a floyd rose so i had to go home and look it up on here and i found out and stuff but besides that the jackson only broke one string and that was while i was tuning it i kinda dazed out while turning the high e string and bam snapped and got me across the chin.. hurt like hell but anyway yeah... Parkers?...dude.. okay they're great sounding but i dont wanna dish out the money for trust bar adjustments every year
too much.. specially cuz the neck is made outta shit composite material.. okay... *cough*crap*cough*
Quote by MikeWO

Quote by Mein Kampf

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
Quote by Generalpwnt
Do you dislike Jackson now, simply because it's owned be Fender?
no idk how u would figure tht im just sayin i dont like a couple of their products. i like there amps and stuff but i played my friends fender and it sounded rele bad.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

ewww parkers
Gear:
Ibanez RG320QS(For Sale) 275 shipped w/HSC!
My EVH Strat(for sale or trade) 195 shipped!
Meanstreet EVH guitar
Marshall MG15CDR Prac. Amp(for sale or trade)65 shipped!
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Coming* Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
RR5. Wish I had one.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I owned alot of Charvels and a couple Jacksons before the Fender buyout. They were great guitars! My favorite Jackson was my RR 7 string. That thing turned more heads than anything I ever owned. Not many had seen a 7 string RR. It had a really hot sound with duncans in it. Overall out of those guitars, I loved them all. Great quality product.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Yeah i heard a recording of my uncle playing one, great metal guitarist my uncle is.. but i never seen on in real life.. he told me that was the best 7 string he ever played
Quote by MikeWO

Quote by Mein Kampf

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
Well the RR3 I own is pure sex, and all the other Jacksons I've tried at GC (DK2, DKMG, RR5) were just as amazing. Especially the DKMG.
Last edited by NightmareXT at Feb 16, 2007,
Played a jackson with a custom paint job...it was purdy...but I honestly hated it. The only thing I liked about it was the trem...first time I played with it too, it was alot of fun ,but what an annoyance that you always had to retune it over and over.

The neck was also VERY annoying, just not my type of guitar.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
at GC I wanted to try out some Duncan's. The one I saw was a blue multi color Dinky. So like... the set up was humbucker/single/single I believe. A little hard to play, but sounded good. When I say hard to play, I mean how the pickups were arranged. I just like more pick room in the middle of the guitar body. All in a ll a nice guitar though... nice neck action. Definantly wide-fat.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
I love my SLSMG to death, especially now that I replaced the EMG's with Seymour Duncans.
It responds sooo much better now, and has a nice natural feel that was missing with the EMG's.

I'm currently saving up for an SL1...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
yeah with floyd rose when you first put new strings on it or adjust the spring action you have to tune it about 6-10 times and after a certain amount of times you wont have to tune it for a long ass time i tune my once every week and it stays in tune....
Quote by MikeWO

Quote by Mein Kampf

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
Quote by Kaininmich
yeah with floyd rose when you first put new strings on it or adjust the spring action you have to tune it about 6-10 times and after a certain amount of times you wont have to tune it for a long ass time i tune my once every week and it stays in tune....

I agree EMG s are good but they lack sumthing

I think Jackson's best series are those that are made in like 1995 (US)

but I don t like non US series that much.
-Jackson KE-2 (made in 1985)
with dimarzio paf pro bridge evoltion neck

-ESP SV standard white

-digitech gnx 1

-audigy 2 zs :p
I've got a KVX10 a week ago. Best guitar I've owned so far. Only problem I ahve with it is the fact that its a flying V and being my first one they take getting used to.

Brilliant metal guitar though. The pickups Are brlliant in distortion and i kinda like the wide neck, the shallow curve you get a a result makes lead much easier...makes chords a complete twat though
Last edited by sajuuk at Feb 16, 2007,
The only Jackson guitar I ever played was an SL3 Soloist. I picked it up for a guitar shop for like 10 minutes, and loved it. Perfectly in tune, The floyd rose on it felt great, and I absolutely loved the pickups.
my favorite guitar is the Jackson Dinky series.

Quite nice to play, And I like the EMG/HZs in it... Dual humbuckers... I loved the tone. It gave me the power I liked in it. made it sound thicker.
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
Quote by Kaininmich
Parkers?...dude.. okay they're great sounding but 1 i dont wanna dish out the money for trust bar adjustments every year
too much.. 2 specially cuz the neck is made outta shit composite material.. okay... *cough*crap*cough*

1: Youd don't have to do that any more than any other guitar. I get my guitars professionally set up at least once a year anyway.

2: Shit composite material? Yeah, Parker necks are made of trash ... I'd be willing to bet you've never played one/couldn't tell the difference between a carbon fibre neck and a regular maple neck/are basing your opinions on what other people on the internet say.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
really, well sorry to say my uncle owns 2 parkers and i've played them both and he told me that once a year they need an adjustment because the material in the neck is shit... and they sound okay dont get me wrong but the neck it its major downfall, oh and because i'm good i get my guitar set up by my uncle... = less money oh. Major e-burn.. lol wtf
Quote by MikeWO

Quote by Mein Kampf

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
i play them whenever im at my local shop because thats all they really have for metal style guitars. I dont know which ones im playing but there around 800 bucks and there good guitars, im just not a fan of the neck shape. But it's all personal prefrence. Otherwise there really good guitars. Great legacy
Quote by Kaininmich
really, well sorry to say my uncle owns 2 parkers and i've played them both and he told me that once a year they need an adjustment because the material in the neck is shit... and they sound okay dont get me wrong but the neck it its major downfall, oh and because i'm good i get my guitar set up by my uncle... = less money oh. Major e-burn.. lol wtf

In which case i apologise, but it's pretty common for a guitar to need an adjustment every now and again, the neck is always moving. I play my teachers Nitefly ever few weeks and it was pretty damned unique, the neck was nice and he loves it.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
yeah my uncle has two niteflys one has some custom pickups in it, i'm not sure but i think he installed shecter invaders and the others has the original pick ups it came with they sound great for like blues and some hard rock but anything other than that nothing great but eh i myself I perfer my Jacksons and Deans....but yeah man no harm done but the adjustments usually need to get done depending on what they are... the neck needs to get done every few years...
Quote by MikeWO

Quote by Mein Kampf

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
The MIJ Jacksons have really bad tremolos IMO. That was the main thought when i pla yed a DK2M it didnt sound bad but i didnt really like the neck joint or neck shape but i love ibanez so im kinda spoiled in the trem department.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I own a DK2M and I think it's really nice. The floyd on it is great also. When I first tested it in the store it was like "woooow". Owned the shit out of all the Ibanezes I tried.
Jacksons are great guitars. Don't listen to that Parker guy, he is a bit in the clouds about his Parker.

The USA series are great, the imports are alright, as long as you stay in the Pro series. The Jackson Stars models, are amazing.
High as tits
I had a DXMG and it was okay. I thought it was the best until i laid eyes on my new Ibanez JS1000 Steve Vai signiture series guitar! I omgwtfpwnz jackson.
the one i want to get has a shitty trem, but it is locking, so to put a Floyd Rose on there would only be a minor body adjustment, and not a lot of money
Quote by koikomoru
I had a DXMG and it was okay. I thought it was the best until i laid eyes on my new Ibanez JS1000 Steve Vai signiture series guitar! I omgwtfpwnz jackson.

It's probably a typo, but you are aware that the JS1000 is a Joe Satriani signature guitar, right?
Quote by Qazxs
Page 1 of 2