i really have no idea about pickups

i have a yamaha erg 121....hoping for something like a gibson sometime this year

i also have a marshall avt150 amp

what pickups would best suit a marshall?
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Ahh i've gotta erg 121. there not the easiest to find decent pick ups for because most pick up manufactures dont make their pick ups with its particular tonewood in mind (agathis,,,bit shit). And if i were u I would think of it more "which pick ups would go best with my guitar". Your amp can make use of anything in the case of pick ups its best to match them to your guitar as some work better than others for example some sound good with alder bodys but complete shit with mahogny.

Your best bet is to go to pick up manufactures websites and email them with your guitars spec and what kind of sound you want and they'll recommend a set.
And although as i said its the guitar that matters most still give them your amp model just in case they have pick ups with that particular brand in mind.

Some good ones to try are seymour duncan, dimarzio (may be spelt wrong), swineheads, bareknuckle and EMG.

Hope thats usefull
That's more than useful...it's perfectly correct. I had an LTD with Seymour Duncans in them and they sounded awful. I took them out and put them in my Flying V, which is mahogany and they absolutely scream!
Some people think you can buy just any pickup and drop it in and it'll sound good. Not the case. And they usually have a "no return" policy...if you buy and install them, that's it...they're yours.
So like the other guy said, contact the pickup companies with the wood of your guitar and ask them what's best suited for you guitar. It'll save alot of headache in the long run.
oooooooooo...thankyooo for the help =D
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
i have a yamaha eg112. Can i put gibson pickups?
What does wood have to do with pickups?

I mostly play punk so can you reccomend some pickups or even a guitar (as i mentioned before i have a yamaha eg 112)?
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Quote by jammer-91
i have a yamaha eg112. Can i put gibson pickups?
What does wood have to do with pickups?

I mostly play punk so can you reccomend some pickups or even a guitar (as i mentioned before i have a yamaha eg 112)?

Wood affects pickups because different kind of woods accentuate different frequencies on the sound spectrum.
I don't know what kind of wood your guitar is..
Also, new pickups don't improve the tone as much as you'd think. Your Amp is a MUCH bigger factor.