i wanna get that operation ivy sound. what kinda bass should i go for and what strings/pickups should i use. price doesnt matter this is just for future knowledge. right now im using a ibanez GSR200FM havnt changed the strings on it or pickups yet.

thanks
I like Fender strings.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
It's all about Ernie Ball for punk.

EDIT: I didn't realise we were talking about basses too. Matt used a Jazz in Op. Ivy, but he tends to switch between Precisions and Jazzes live (When I saw Rancid in November he used a Precision for the whole show)
Last edited by fake_sk8r182 at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by Macbethstx
I never really payed attention to the bass when I listened to the few Operation Ivy songs that I heard, but I would suggest for strings Ernie Ball Hybrids.

How can you not listen to the bass in Op Ivy?
I think Matt used a Jazz bass in Op Ivy btw.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by GreenDayChris
How can you not listen to the bass in Op Ivy?
I think Matt used a Jazz bass in Op Ivy btw.

I didn't play any instruments when I heard them and I guess I really wasn't paying attention.
dont know about punk...but alternative rock such as Alice in Chains and Tool i can help you with

its all about bridge pickup with some mean ass strings. I personally use Dean Markley Blue Steels (med-light) but as said earlier, Ernie Ball Hybrids are what alot of the artists use.
Im a D'addario and DM string guy, and for bass I like fender jazz basses and musicman basses.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.