So I may be taking a little trip to Japan this year with my parents. I've heard alot about the legendary MIA-rivalling quality of the MIJ guitars, so I have my sights set on a nice MIJ strat or something. I expect it to be quite a pretty penny, so I have to start saving now. Does anyone know how much these things run for? I don't want to go there totally unprepared without enough money. Thanks.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
So I may be taking a little trip to Japan this year with my parents. I've heard alot about the legendary MIA-rivalling quality of the MIJ guitars, so I have my sights set on a nice MIJ strat or something. I expect it to be quite a pretty penny, so I have to start saving now. Does anyone know how much these things run for? I don't want to go there totally unprepared without enough money. Thanks.

My JagStang and my 2004 Aerodyne Strat are Japanese... but I got them used so I can't give you a price... sorry...

...But just so this isn't spam, they are really good guitars, and I think I might like them better than Americans... I'm not sure yet...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Surprisingly, they're not that expensive. Some examples from Yahoo Japan: http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/auc?p=fender+stratocaster+japan&auccat=0
Of course, these are all second-hand, and therefore cheaper, but you can still get a good idea about the cost new.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Of all the strats I've played, I prefer the build of the Japanese ones personally. The nack required less effort, the frets were all very even and the playablility was overall very smooth.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
I thought japan stoppped producing fender stuff............guess i was wrong

just strat, because they started to be better and cheaper than the americans
They'll be cheaper than American ones.

And just play a load, they're great guitars.
If I were you I'd get a '57 RI.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
they should be a lot cheaper as they're not paying import costs and i have a japanese fender mustang, and i have to say it's the best guitar i've ever played, so japanese guitars are great
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Fender Japan recently had a price raise. Not sure on the exact figures. Check the prices in Yen on the internet before you get there.
eat sleep play guitar
Quote by deluxity
just strat, because they started to be better and cheaper than the americans

Fender Japan still produces strats, etc. They're just prohibited from selling to outside the domestic Japanese market, however there are dealers that will ship outside Japan.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
The one Jap Strat I ever played sucked, bad. The neck just felt horrible, which is weird. I have a MIM and I like it much better than the MIJ I played.

I guess it must've just been a random lemon, 'coz everyone else sings them to Heaven, but I just thought I'd say it anyway.

EDIT: Now I think about it, it was owned by a non-guitarist, so it might've been set-up really bad... Plus it had light strings, which I always hate. Still, though.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.