Can any pickups work on any guitar? probly a stupid ? but i cant figure it out lol
In theory, yes. You might need to cut a few holes though, and certain pickups sound better on some guitars than others.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
ok what would be good pick ups to get a MCR,Saosin,green day (you know what style of music i mena) sound on a Squier Strat, i know i know im better off just getting a new guitar but i wont be able to till christmas so i might as well do the best i can to get it to sound better
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. In theory, with the correct setup, any pickups can work on any guitar.
But will it sound good? Not necessarily. That depends on the type of guitar, menaing body wood type, neck wood, fretboard wood, type of genre you're going for...
A 'correct' installation of pickups depend on several things: pickup routing, pickguard, existing electronics (pots and switches).

Quote by xsv434
ok what would be good pick ups to get a MCR,Saosin,green day (you know what style of music i mena) sound on a Squier Strat, i know i know im better off just getting a new guitar but i wont be able to till christmas so i might as well do the best i can to get it to sound better

Pickups won't change your sound THAT much. Especially not if you're still playing through a practice amp (Just making an assumption.). Best bet for achieving better tone would be to get a new amp...
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Feb 15, 2007,
lol yep im playin thru a practice amp but im getting a new one pretty soon
uh just another practice amp the Fender G-dec i dont plan on doing any gigs or anyhting bigger anytime soon so thats all i need and right now i have a Squier SP-10

EDIT: even tho im trying to convince 2 of my friends to learn to play drum and bass so we can start a band but still no gigs anytime soon even if i did
Quote by xsv434
uh just another practice amp the Fender G-dec i don't plan on doing any gigs or anything bigger anytime soon so thats all i need and right now i have a Squier SP-10

EDIT: even tho im trying to convince 2 of my friends to learn to play drum and bass so we can start a band but still no gigs anytime soon even if i did

Don't waste your money on a Fender G-DEC, it's not a very good amp. You'll be a lot better off if you buy yourself a nice tube combo.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Then whats a good amp for that price range to get a good Pop-punk/punk sound actually pretty much any rock would be nice
An Epiphone Valve Junior would be nice and cheap. They go for like 100-ish.
You could get the head version, which is what people here tend to like better, and then get a cab for it.
5 Watts tube is pretty loud, once you have it up all the way. You'd need a pedal to get distortion if you're not gonna crank it all the way.

You could also check out the Vox Valvetronix series, which don't have true tube tone, despite their marketing, but they're still pretty good amps, nonetheless.