i have a peavey mono stereo cab and my peavey bravo. the cab is rated 16 ohm mono and 8 ohms per channel stereo(for stereo you use 2 8 ohm inputs). my amp is a peavey bravo with a 8 ohm output and a 4 ohm output, you can also use both and the amp will push 4 ohm into the 2 outputs. what is the best way to run all 4 of the speakers or do i just need to rewire it? thanks.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
Last edited by soybomb at Feb 15, 2007,
bump
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
im going to say, run them at 8 ohms. if u need two inputs to run the cab at 8, then u might want to rewire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you don't need stereo, you could connect the two cab inputs in parallel to the amp's 4ohm output.
Quote by indrek13
If you don't need stereo, you could connect the two cab inputs in parallel to the amp's 4ohm output.

i don't understand... explain it to me like you're teaching your mom how to do it. and i don't need stereo.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
Consider the two stereo channels of your cab as two separate cabs, both 8 ohms. When connected in parallel, their total impedance would be 4 ohms, which is spot on for the amp's 4 ohm output. You'll simply need a split cable for the connection.
awesome, thank you. can i get one of those cables at radio shack?
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)