Page 1 of 2
hello everyone! i have an issue. My parents hate slipknot and i love them so much. i have to hide all of their cds and the shirts that i have. do anyone of you have a good suggestion on how to kinda change my rents thoughts? and if you do please PLEASE help.

THANK YOU!
Last edited by KillStone at Feb 15, 2007,
You really can't change a person's thoughts on music, especially with a band like Slipknot. They're your parents, so you're kinda screwed. Sorry dude.
mmmk.
Well then, it's not really an issue with Slipknot, is it. The issue is more with your parents.

The only solution I can think of is for you to kill your parents, feed their bodies into a paper-shredder, and live off of their remains.

But be careful, because after you kill them, you'll probably quickly find out about better bands, and then you'll have to live with your regrets.

Oh, and try the Slipknot thread.
*reported*
Quote by universal_man
why did your parent hate them...??

they hate them because of the way they look thats all, but the funny thing is that i play really hard stuff with my bands and they don't care, but when it comes to listening to metal they can be really stupid.
Quote by CampKillUrslf
listen to better music. that will solve a bunch of problems.

ur name is campkillyourself, CKY?? and ur telling him to listen to better music, how ironic, sorry, ur not gonna be able to change ur mom and dads thoughts on it most likely
Quote by KillStone
they hate them because of the way they look thats all, but the funny thing is that i play really hard stuff with my bands and they don't care, but when it comes to listening to metal they can be really stupid.

the same thing happened to me few years ago,and it was about slipknot too...and also limb bizkit...but now,they're not really care about what music i listen to,because they know that i will never be into satanism...
Quote by universal_man
the same thing happened to me few years ago,and it was about slipknot too...and also limb bizkit...but now,they're not really care about what music i listen to,because they know that i will never be into satanism...

LOL!!! i dont think slipknot and limp bizkit are gonna get u into satanism
Quote by <><

The only solution I can think of is for you to kill your parents, feed their bodies into a paper-shredder, and live off of their remains.

But be careful, because after you kill them, you'll probably quickly find out about better bands, and then you'll have to live with your regrets.

+2
Quote by CampKillUrslf
listen to better music. that will solve a bunch of problems.

shut up man slipknot kick anal holes, anyways man i dont if u can change their minds. but if u play it loud offen they may just get bored of shouting at u thats wot happened 4 me
Quote by F-ing Hostile
LOL!!! i dont think slipknot and limp bizkit are gonna get u into satanism

i know,but there is something that i hardly to explain to you guys. its occured in my country. ok,i try to explain to you all,..

limb bizkit & slipknot started to be a "band with many fans" in my country in 2000/2001. but in the same year,something stupid that black metal guys/kids done. well,you kow that black metal guys doesnt accept religion right? so those stupid black metal guys made something that against religion,they're not respect any erligion & belief..so,started from then,any metal music will be misunderstood..you know why..
slipknot are atheists thus most parents from a christain backround will have a slight distaste for them which i can understand, they do promote some sacreligious messages in their music, im not really into slipknot, but i did have a strong basis in christianity, but i will say they are very talented musicians, but slipknots music doesnt showcase that in the best light
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
When I was watching my Disasterpieces DVD with my Dad, he saw the pentagram light up on Joey's drum deck when he was doing his solo, and my dad was just like, "Is that a pentagram?" I say, ".... yeah?" "I don't like that."

There's really nothing your parents can do, except maybe lock you in your room, send you to boarding school, or drug you and make you their slave child.

Too many parents, or people for that matter, who still believe music makes people do crazy stuff. Your parents probably still believe that there are satanic messages in black sabbath and LEd Zepplin records when played backward.

I'm not a fan of Slipknot (some songs are catchy, but other than that, BLEH), but that aside, you've got to convinve your parents that most of the satanic imagery is just for show, which it actually is. They don't have to like your music, but as I said, there's nothing they can do to stop you (short if the extremities I mentioned); forbidding these days doesn't work anymore.

Best thing, I think, is to have a constructive argument with your folks, going point to point why your listening to metal (nu-metal, to be specific!) won't affect your character drastically; you won't lock yourself in your room, listen to "Suicide Solution," and kill yourself; you won't hot iron brand an upside-down cross into your forehead; you won't do anything stupid. Key word, though, is constructive. Don't go shouting and yelling when your parents still insist in flaunting their arrogance because you'll just come off as an immature anst-driven child, making your argument less credible.
Just keep listening to Slipknot. I could care less what my parents thought of my music.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Deth Toll
When I was watching my Disasterpieces DVD with my Dad, he saw the pentagram light up on Joey's drum deck when he was doing his solo, and my dad was just like, "Is that a pentagram?" I say, ".... yeah?" "I don't like that."

There's really nothing your parents can do, except maybe lock you in your room, send you to boarding school, or drug you and make you their slave child.

Too many parents, or people for that matter, who still believe music makes people do crazy stuff. Your parents probably still believe that there are satanic messages in black sabbath and LEd Zepplin records when played backward.

I'm not a fan of Slipknot (some songs are catchy, but other than that, BLEH), but that aside, you've got to convinve your parents that most of the satanic imagery is just for show, which it actually is. They don't have to like your music, but as I said, there's nothing they can do to stop you (short if the extremities I mentioned); forbidding these days doesn't work anymore.

Best thing, I think, is to have a constructive argument with your folks, going point to point why your listening to metal (nu-metal, to be specific!) won't affect your character drastically; you won't lock yourself in your room, listen to "Suicide Solution," and kill yourself; you won't hot iron brand an upside-down cross into your forehead; you won't do anything stupid. Key word, though, is constructive. Don't go shouting and yelling when your parents still insist in flaunting their arrogance because you'll just come off as an immature anst-driven child, making your argument less credible.

very well said, show them their acoustic songs maybe? then your parents might see the lighter stuff acceptable and eventually won't care.

Better solution: Explain to them in a mature, non- aggressive way that the music you listen to is the music you listen to. They have no power to change it and although the music you choose to listen to is more "aggressive and blatant" to what they are used to reassure them that this will not have an effect on your personality.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Deth Toll

slipknot's pentagram...i dont think their petagram means anything but just to symbolized that the band have nine members in it.

played backward..i dont think they recorded it on purpose
Really, the pentagram could mean anything you want it to.
If your parent's absolutely hate the music you listen to, you've got the two obvious options;
a.) Keep listening, **** them.
b.) Appease them, stop listening to Slipknot.
Done.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by FrEaKGuItArIsT
Really, the pentagram could mean anything you want it to.
If your parent's absolutely hate the music you listen to, you've got the two obvious options;
a.) Keep listening, **** them.
b.) Appease them, stop listening to Slipknot.
Done.

yep thats pretty much your options. Like I know my mom didnt like Slipknot at all but I never listened and just kept playing the cds all the time now she doesnt care.
Quote by Disasterpiece08
yep thats pretty much your options. Like I know my mom didnt like Slipknot at all but I never listened and just kept playing the cds all the time now she doesnt care.

i do that too..know,my parents not really care much about what music i heard. but sometimes my mother blabbering about it
the really funny thing is that they don't care about Korn, Killswitch Engage, Children Of Bodom and all the other metal bands i listen to, but slipknot its just no. i do still listen to them and learn their songs just i don't get why every other band it cool, but slipknot is all bad. like i said before, i think its the masks. i don't know thanks you all so much for your help!
Quote by KillStone

If they hate them for their looks tell them that the singer (Corey Taylor) is the singer from Stone Sour, and then show a picture of him in Stone Sour, that should take care of one of the members. You're on your own for the rest of them. Look for pictures of the band without their masks. Trust me there's plenty of pictures online.

edit; just remembered James Root is in Stone Sour too, show a picture of him without the mask to your parents.
Quote by KillStone
hello everyone! i have an issue. My parents hate slipknot and i love them so much. i have to hide all of their cds and the shirts that i have. do anyone of you have a good suggestion on how to kinda change my rents thoughts? and if you do please PLEASE help.

THANK YOU!

do tons of drugs and have gay sex. when they catch you blame it on slipknot.

im sure thatll change there mind.
Slipknot has the answer.
Slipknot wants you to kill yourself.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Well one, Slipknot is horrible, get into real metal.
Two: If your parents don't like Slipknot it shows they have a good taste in music
Three: Show them way worse material them gay ol' mainstream slipknot (give them a black metal history lesson) Just type in Burzum story or Mayhem Story, that will get them )
Last of all again, get into the good shit
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
show them through the glass. and tell em tahts the lead singer of slipknot.
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Slipknot just strike me as being some stupid gimmick band. Stone Sour > Slipknot.

Anyway, I wouldn't jeapordise your relationship with your parents over some stupid band.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Feb 19, 2007,
have them read this and then compare to Slipknot and say your not listening to stuff like this like CaptainOfSmug, then they will be like "oh yay, your not listening to the evil stuff then"
Problem solved.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by F-ing Hostile
ur name is campkillyourself, CKY?? and ur telling him to listen to better music, how ironic, sorry, ur not gonna be able to change ur mom and dads thoughts on it most likely

and the guy with a korn avatar thinks he has an opinion on better music
Quote by future rock god
and the guy with a korn avatar thinks he has an opinion on better music

And the guy with a Metallica avatar thinks he's over and above everyone with his 'superior' music taste.
Quote by Aidy Damage
And the guy with a Metallica avatar thinks he's over and above everyone with his 'superior' music taste.

Everyone knows thats me
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by Aidy Damage

no, just anyone who listens to korn, or muse for that matter...
Quote by _fender_fan_
Aww yeah ur music sux moar OLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously. STFU. The only one who isn't being a jackass is Aidy Damage.

and wtf has that got to do with anything in this thread at all in the slightest?
Well, if i were your parent, i wouldn't want you listening to Slipknot either. Hell, i'm not even your parent and i don't think you should listen to them.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
If it is the image that they hate, show them the cover of dawn of the black hearts by Mayhem, they won't mind you listening to slipknot after that!!!!!
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by mr kipling
If it is the image that they hate, show them the cover of dawn of the black hearts by Mayhem, they won't mind you listening to slipknot after that!!!!!

Hah, I was just looking at that before when that guy dropped a link to Euronymous' wikipedia article (I think that's his name). I decided to do some research on Mayhem, as I'd heard that the lead singer committed suicide and it was a bit messed up. Then I read about the band members taking photos of his corpse and send bits of skull to bands. That creeped me out. It's kinda terrible that they had to make that their album cover, it was against the band's will, too.
Page 1 of 2