I know this is the wrong forum. However no one ever really looks at the gear ads forums, and also, this is a bit of a somber occasion that I would like to share with the bass forum before taking it to there. So Dan or Inky, if it absolutely must be done, go ahead and move this.

I've decided that I am going to stop playing bass altogether. I've become overwhelmed with having to get a life, becoming an adult, dealing with living in the Army, and trying to get my own house for my girlfriend and myself. I just don't feel like I have any motivation to play anymore, and without that I can't justify keeping all of my belongings.

I currently own a rack system head consisting of a Furman power conditioner, a Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro, a Behringer dual 32 band graphic equalizer, and a Kustom Groove 1200 head (can act as simply a power amp, or as a standalone head) all encased in a Musiciansfriend 8 space rack case. I also have a Dean Edge Q6 (with a custom built ramp, that I made myself) that I want to sell with it.

Altogether it has an accumulated cost of more than $1,800. I'd like to sell it all for $1,000. I do not want to break these up for individual sale. I will be taking pictures of everything in the very near future, and I will either post those, or send them to interested buyers. I've had a lot of fun over the past four years that I've been playing bass. I hope whoever buys this will get just as much out of it (or more) than I did.
Wow dude. It's sad to see a member of the bass brotherhood leave. Well, I guess if you don't feel it anymore, you can't do anything about it, right?
Quote by Bumper
I know this is the wrong forum. However no one ever really looks at the gear ads forums, and also, this is a bit of a somber occasion that I would like to share with the bass forum before taking it to there. So Dan or Inky, if it absolutely must be done, go ahead and move this.

I've decided that I am going to stop playing bass altogether. I've become overwhelmed with having to get a life, becoming an adult, dealing with living in the Army, and trying to get my own house for my girlfriend and myself. I just don't feel like I have any motivation to play anymore, and without that I can't justify keeping all of my belongings.

I currently own a rack system head consisting of a Furman power conditioner, a Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro, a Behringer dual 32 band graphic equalizer, and a Kustom Groove 1200 head (can act as simply a power amp, or as a standalone head) all encased in a Musiciansfriend 8 space rack case. I also have a Dean Edge Q6 (with a custom built ramp, that I made myself) that I want to sell with it.

Altogether it has an accumulated cost of more than $1,800. I'd like to sell it all for $1,000. I do not want to break these up for individual sale. I will be taking pictures of everything in the very near future, and I will either post those, or send them to interested buyers. I've had a lot of fun over the past four years that I've been playing bass. I hope whoever buys this will get just as much out of it (or more) than I did.

dont leave man! bass still loves you
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Well, what can i say? Life aint easy man, we all go through stuff thats makes us question things and change our priorities in life. I think it's good that you are mature enough to realise that a) that happens and b) not dwelling on it and getting on with it. Bumper, as far as i know you're still very young man, so you know you can come back to bass at some point in the future when things are more settled. Maybe take that a bit of that cash and buy a little second hand Squier to keep around the house - just so in those times of madness you have a little escape to something you enjoy doing.

Good luck with your life plans man, hope all goes well.

Peace, love and unity
x
^What I actually plan on doing is buying an acoustic guitar, and just jamming on it for awhile. I still love bass, I just don't have any inspiration for it right now. Also I no longer have the ability to commit to a band (for now) because of me shipping out for basic training. I don't see myself in a band again for another 4-5 years. So I figure no band, no fullstack. Thanks for the kind words Applehead, flyingmarlin, and Charlatan_001. Also, just because I'm not going to play bass doesn't mean I'm still not going to waste all of my spare time on the bass forum. You can expect to see me around a lot until the middle of September (my ship date), then I'll be gone for about 5 months.
yeah that's not a bad idea. Of course, if you are going into the Forces you have to buy a Harmonica bro!
^Lawlasaurus at the harmonica....Actually I plan on playing some instrumental acoustic Kaki King style stuff on it. I've been messing with a friends acoustic, and after learning one of her songs I was hooked.
do those amps accentuate the midrange of the bass really nicely...?

it'll take me some time to come up with the money, but i am in the market...
^The Kustom head has two features that accentuate the mids. Both are switchable. One is a mid toggle switch, and the other is a footswitchable "solo" feature.
what are the speaker specs....2x10?

and would you reccomend the gear to a prog head who wants to cut through a mix real nice but still keep the song flowin?
The speakers are in two different cabs. One cab has four 10's and the other has four 12's. The 412 cab is a guitar cab that I bought for the specific purpose of cutting through the mix. It works pretty well. I've been using the 412 alone for awhile, and I love the sound. I played mostly metalcore through it, but with the V-Amp and the speaker combo you can get almost any tone you want.
the bass frequencies from the 6 string Dean dont wreck that guitar amp? even the low B?

i play a very saturated tone thats rich and thick. Mids with delays....but not like space delays, more like echoes.
^Since the guitar cab has a closed back it tolerates the bass frequencies very well, even my low B. I've used several different tones with this setup, ranging from very distorted (think Jesse Keeler from DFA1979), to classic punk tones, to classic rock, metal, slap and pop tones, and I used a very Jaco-esque tone with it a lot. The Behringer V-amp (best thing since sliced bread) does all of them fairly well. Albeit not exactly, it does emulate them to a degree that I was very happy with. It has several head models in it, including Mesa-Boogie, 60's and 70's Marshall bass heads, Fender, Ampeg (SVT-CL, SVT-4, and 115 combo), GK, Eden, SWR, a tube preamp, mo-town, Thunderbird combo, and a few extras that I didn't use very much. It also has stereo, and regular delay built in (along with phaser, flanger, octaver, voice box, leslie effect, synth, reverb, two autowahs, and some combinations of these). The things you can do with it's amp and cabinet emulation and effects are limitless. Also, you can save up to 125 of these as presets. Add a built in tuner (an accurate one) and compressor and it's a pretty darn good amp.
Good luck shifting your stuff Bumper - and remember to come back to bass when you're settled and have a great house etc.
dude, all the best for you in the future, and take care... dammit, I wish I had the money for that gear (and the shipping costs, being in England), cos I was re-reading the old behringer thread, and I read your post about getting many many wattage for not as many de niro's by using a PA power amp, a rack case and a preamp, and thought that was a great idea, so I'm gonna be doing that as soon as I realise that my Behringer is poor
Quote by smb
Good luck shifting your stuff Bumper - and remember to come back to bass when you're settled and have a great house etc.

In about 5 years, I should be getting out of college and getting my commission as 2nd Lt. I'll probably do two things that year, 1. buy a house, 2. place an order for a custom Fodera. I'm sure that once I've got a Fodera in my hands I'll be back at bass playing for good.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was re-reading the old behringer thread, and I read your post about getting many many wattage for not as many de niro's by using a PA power amp, a rack case and a preamp, and thought that was a great idea, so I'm gonna be doing that as soon as I realise that my Behringer is poor

Behringer make some pretty good stuff, I just don't like their heads or combos. Their cabinets are decent for the price, but the best product they have is the V-Amp series. If you want a high powered stack for a fairly cheap price, the Bass V-Amp + a PA power amp is the best way to get it.
Quote by Bumper
Also, just because I'm not going to play bass doesn't mean I'm still not going to waste all of my spare time on the bass forum. You can expect to see me around a lot until the middle of September (my ship date), then I'll be gone for about 5 months.

Good to know you will still be around the forums for a bit of time. My nephew, an excellent guitar player and Marine, went through a situation similar to yours. Initially, he put his guitar gear (which was significant) into storage, but after his training at Paris Island, he ended up selling it because it was just too much of a bear to deal with every time he got shipped overseas. It was a really hard decision to make, but it did uncomplicate his life in a period when he was also trying to deal with re-enlisting and being newly married.

The great thing about music is that it is always there waiting when you're ready to come back, and getting the acoustic guitar will keep you going until you are inspired to pick up the bass again. Or it may take you in an entirely new direction. Good luck man, and stay safe.
^Thanks, Anarkee. I'm really going to try and push the acoustic envelope by adapting everything I did on bass to it. I guess I'll just look at it like a six string piccolo bass. That will make for some interesting music.
Quote by Bumper
Also, just because I'm not going to play bass doesn't mean I'm still not going to waste all of my spare time on the bass forum. You can expect to see me around a lot until the middle of September (my ship date), then I'll be gone for about 5 months.

Damn straight you're going to waste all of your time on here still. Who else would I listen to for snappy remarks at n00bs and idiots? Seriously though get back to bass A.S.A.P. if that happens to be five years so be it. Jesus wussies with there houses. "Oooo I'm a weeny and live in a house."

x
Bales
Quote by Bumper
I'm sure that once I've got a Fodera in my hands I'll be back at bass playing for good.

Hell yeah - that's the spirit!