ive got about $900 to spend on a new bass/amp

im looking for one that can be good for playing both punk and metal...

ive been thinking about ibanez but not sure..

thin neck would be a plus b/c my fingers arent that big..

any advice is appreciated
"Deaf Be The God Who Was Deaf To Our Prayers"- Heaven Shall Burn
Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass would be good for about 600 its got a thin neck and sounds good, then use the other 300 to buy a decent amp
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by Cliff Williams
Think a fender aerodyne jazz is better then a warwick rockbass?

I like it better but thats just cus i dont really like warwick bodies
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
i was thinking of a schecter and i was looking through the posts here and the elite seems to be the "best". i was talking w/ this guy at jammusic today and he said for what i like to play i should get a 5 string.

so maybe a schecter elite-5?
Quote by xCALIBANx
i was thinking of a schecter and i was looking through the posts here and the elite seems to be the "best". i was talking w/ this guy at jammusic today and he said for what i like to play i should get a 5 string.

so maybe a schecter elite-5?

Well, I had a reply typed out, but my p.o.s. computer decided to close my browser, refuse to reopen it, and lock up two other browsers when I tried to open them, so I'm just gonna copy and paste a couple of of my others posts to get all the info in. I'm in too pissy of a mood right now to type all that crap out again, so sorry you don't get a personalized reply like I usually give. If you have any questions though, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to answer them later when I'm in a better mood.

Quote by Fett13
Ok, sorry I'm late, what I miss? *reads topic*

Ok, first off, Schecter makes very good quality basses, especially considering the price. As far as the Stilettos go, there are four basic versions to choose from: Deluxe, Custom, Elite and Studio.

Deluxe: Good if you're starting out and want something a bit better than the usual Squier. Has all the basics of the others, but with simple pickups and bridge. If you're just starting out, this is what you want. It has a two-band active EQ, and bolt-on neck, with some generic pickups and bridge.

Custom: Same idea as the deluxe, but has the EMG-HZ pickups, and S-tek bridge. Also a bit nicer on the overall wood quality/construction. This is what you want if you're upgrading from your first bass, but don't want to spend too much money on it.

Elite: Called the top of the Stiletto line, and for good reason. This is pretty much the best bass that Schecter makes. It has the same pickups and bridge as the custom, but adds neckthrough construction and some very nice neck binding. If you can afford it, this is the Schecter to get. If you didn't already know, this is what I play, and I'll never replace it. The amazing variety of sounds you can get out of it by tweaking the EQ, the beautiful looks and comfortable feel, it just doesn't get any better.

Studio: same pickups as the Elite and Custom, but has a different bridge and a three-band EQ. As far as I'm concerned the only version of this bass worth buying is the fretless, or the 6- or 8-string versions. The 4- and 5-string versions have nothing to offer over the Elite, the bridge isn't as nice as the S-tek, and it is a little lacking so far as visual aesthetics go. If you're looking for extended range or fretless, check this one out, but if you want a 4- or 5-string don't even bother, its really not worth it for an extra band of EQ and a sub-par bridge.

Quote by Fett13
You rang?

*cracks knuckles, does some stretches*

Custom 5 eh? This is an easy one. You've got your EMG-HZ pickups, two-band EQ so you're set on the electronics. You've got the S-tek bridge which is arguably on of the sturdiest bridges out there. You've got the 35'' scale which really helps on the 5-string's clarity. You've got a dead sexy shape and color (with matching headstock no less). You also have a really thin neck, possibly the single thinest neck I've ever played (applies to both 4- and 5-string versions). You've got the Scechter name and quality behind it. And all this for under $600? What more could you want. /end salesman pitch

Seriously though, Schecter makes great basses. I myself have an Elite-4 (top of the Stiletto line) and would never replace it. It is extremely comfortable, has an incredible range of sounds, and is extremely well built. Depending on your strings, you can get anywhere from a deep, rumbling bottom end to a range of mids and highs that brings a sound reminiscient of a Rickenbacker. You can really do a lot with that EQ and those pickups.

The S-tek bridge has a design unlike any I've ever seen. It has four seperate, self contained, sections connected only by a thin strip of metal inlayed into the body. The beauty of this is that when you adjust the tuning of one string, it has little or no effect on the others. It also makes for some great sustain.

As for the neck, I doubt you'll find one thinner. The 5-string is one even I can play, and I have trouble playing 4-string p-basses.

Now, if you have a little more money than that, and you want just that much more quality, you might want to look into the Elite-5. It is essentially the same bass, except it has neck-through construction and, as far as I'm concerned, comes in the single sexiest color known to man - Black Cherry With Gold Hardware (yes, it was completely necessary to capitalize all of those). Either way, you're getting a great bass, i just prefer the Elite.

??? is says message too short so heres a random sentence so maybe it'll let me post the reply.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
alright thx for that

i will most likely be getting it
=]