Ok, I've had this problem for a while though it has gradually gotten worse. What it is, is when I fret the strings, mainly the D g b e strings, on the 1st fret I get a wicked buzzing from them, and the notes are pretty much muted. The buzzing is caused from the strings touching the 2nd fret. I've tried raising the bridge a few times, but it apparently has no effect. I'm not sure what to do.
What would adjusting the truss rod do? I've never done it before.

If it helps any here's a link: http://www.fernandesguitars.com/rvlxdmg.html to see how the guitar is setup.

just to cover the bases...
Strings: D'Addario. I just removed reg. light gauge (10 - 46) b/c my D string broke a few days ago. Now I have super light gauge (9 - 42). Right now I only have my new D string on, it buzzes worse then my old one. I'll string the rest soon.

Anyways. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this problem? Because I basically can't use the 1st fret and it's pissing me off
Are there other ways to raise the action besides raising the bridge?

I stood up my guitar and looked down the neck and the neck does look partially arched outward. So would I adjust the truss rod?
Quote by jwaxman
maybe u just have a low quality guitar

money helps tone

actually I really like my guitars tone. It's just small things that are annoying, overall it's great for $400 Canadian
First go with a truss adjustment (small increments, you don't want to break anything). If that doesn't help, hit that fret a little with a rubber hammer, but not too much because it won't be in tune.
Kindness is contagious, so get the fuck away from me !!!
ok I'm going to quickly finish stringing my guitar. I raised the bridge really high now it helped though I like having somewhat low action, so i'll try your guys' suggestions.
Quote by CapnKickass
ok I'm going to quickly finish stringing my guitar. I raised the bridge really high now it helped though I like having somewhat low action, so i'll try your guys' suggestions.

Heh. My action is really high.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Using a shim is completely reversible, so I'd try that before taking any hammers to your guitar.

Yeah im not so sure i'd want to do the hammer bit:
"oops the headstock snapped off"
Maybe adjust your bridge?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack