k i wrote this song and i tried to make it switch between modes and stuff and i wasj ust wondering if this is the right way to go about it?

link is in sig
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
wow that song is really really good. congrats on making that. keep up the good work man. too bad i have no idea about your question. but very well done on the song writing
Which bars do you switch modes? It seems to stay in E Ionian the whole time. It is good though, but i think you could shorten the middle chord part with the high piano melody a lot. Also, the end wasn't dramatic enough, that last Emaj needs to be an octave up, or atleast include the second octave of the chord, you know, duh, duh daah!!
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

there is no wrong way.. as long as it sounds good its ok...

even then, you can make it sound horrible if you like.
Oh my god....I have no clue about modes but that song is farking amazing don't change ANYTHING!!!!!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
(to TS sorry for hijacking)

i have a question

for example imagine a mode for C started at the 8th fret to put it in a different key would all i need to do would be to move the position of the mode down the fret board? like a power chord(same fingering but lower down)
^Yes. Scale patterns are movable on the fretboard. Playing a major scale on the 8th fret, E string will give you a C major scale, playing the exact same pattern on the 5th fret will give u an A major scale.
Using modes isn't so much the notes you play but how you use them.

Edit: I went through and listened and it starts out feeling Ionian, then around the 20's it feels minor so I'm gonna go with Aeolian, It stayed there briefly and when the upbeat part came back in it sounded Lydian and stayed that way through the rest of the song. I really couldn't pick out any other modes. then again my ear isn't what it should be. The transitions I did catch were done well. Good job.
Last edited by magicninja_ at Feb 17, 2007,
Modes are determined by the backing chords. For instance, if you would play a G# Minor Scale over an E Major chord, you would actually be playing in Lydian mode.
Quote by tom183
^Yes. Scale patterns are movable on the fretboard. Playing a major scale on the 8th fret, E string will give you a C major scale, playing the exact same pattern on the 5th fret will give u an A major scale.

Scales aren't patterns, they're collections of notes. They cover they entire fretboard.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I kind of meant like does it work to change modes without any accidentals but one of you guys kind of answered that

the whole beginning is meant to be e ionian

then the marchy kind of feeling thing is supposed to be like f# dorian but i guess i failed at that

then a lydian with the chordy piano-y part

then back to e ionian

then to c# aeolian

then to e ionian

then the rest of the song is in a lydian

should i make the dorian part more obvious?
i mean the bass part is playing a thing that all resolves back to f# and stuff but i guess thats not enough to make it seem dorian-y feeling any suggestion to make it stand out more?
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]