I need some advice. I dont have much money and i plan to get a multi effects pedal .
any sugestions? i play metallica type metal, velvet revolver type rock and clapton type blues thanx 4 da help
[rip to our fallen heros
"dimbag"darrel abott
cliff burton
randy roads

Originaly posted bydirtydeeds468
Yeah, usually I wouldn't care about stuff like this, but that whole TV station makes me want to drown bags of kittens.
I have a Korg Ax1500g and it's surprisingly good. Generally I'd say stay away, but the Korgs I've played have impressed me..Boss makes ones that look solid, and they make good pedals. Korg owns Vox Wah, so you get a pretty good wah sound in their multi-effects. DO NOT get a DigiTech.
Boss ME-50.
" The Bullet Special Edition has about 22 medium frets. Squier keeps it simple with the single coil humbucker...... Unfortunately it doesn't have switchable distortion."

Found on a UG REVIEW
Multi FX suck. Buy a few good single analog pedals.
Do you have a tube amp? If not, that's the first thing to get.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yea, yea, yea, multi-FX suck. Also Vai plays with no feeling and all metal players use EMG's.

OK, now that we have a few cliche's out of the way I'd say check into a PODxtLive or a GT-8. Both do alot of things well, it's really a matter of what you'll be using it for and what sounds you need. Lots of good info here:

http://thestompbox.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=21
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
thanx 4 everyones help so far i realise a majority of u say multi pedals suk but i dont care i cant afford a multitude of single pedals
[rip to our fallen heros
"dimbag"darrel abott
cliff burton
randy roads

Yeah, usually I wouldn't care about stuff like this, but that whole TV station makes me want to drown bags of kittens.
what's ur budget? what amp do u have now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
im trying to keep under $300 new zealand and my amps gay i need a new one any sugestions 4 thAT 2
[rip to our fallen heros
"dimbag"darrel abott
cliff burton
randy roads

well im not sure what model amp is homosexual these days, but ill try to help.

i suggest if you like higher gain music. and can get ur hands on a Cube amp, ull be ahead of the game.

the cube 30 runs about $225 USD.
the cube 60 about $325.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

they both have killer high gain, plus about 8 other effects each. not sure high much price gouging goes on un NZ but, maybe it's something u can pick up.

because that will improve ur tone and give u the effects u desire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Cubes obviously are what you want to get.
You can try the digitech RP50 or 80 or whatever, but well, depends. The cube doesn't really like pedals with it.
Get the Boss ME 50... best thing around for the money...
Epiphone G400
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss Me 50
Boss Dr 660
Boss OS 2
Stay away from Zoom.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way