alright guys heres the deal... i used to have a korg multi-effects pedal and it worked great. had multiple sounds to do just about anything. however, our band is finally getting serious and we are starting to play out. we play a lot of new rock (green day, seether, three days grace, nickelback), classic rock (acdc, clapton, skynyrd)

i am planning on buying several pedals. i was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions on 4-5 pedals to get that arent rediculously overpriced. im lookin to spend between $300-400. what im lookin for is a good clean pedal that also has a chorus or flange of some type, distortion, fuzz, and some sort of soloing pedal. let me know what you guys think. i appreciate it. thanks.
Fuzz-EH Muff! Also look along the lines of the Analogman Fuzz Face clone. Avoid the Dunlop Fuzzes.
Chorus-IMO you can't beat the wet, swirly EHX Small Clone for the price! It's a really wet chorus though, may not fit your style. Stay away from the Boss ones, they're boooring.
Phaser-MXR Phase 90 (no need for the EVH sig IMO) or the EHX Small Stone. Both pedals are fantastic.
Distortion/Lead-Not a fan of distortions. Go for a TS to push the amp into overdrive and add some grit or so.
Booster/Lead-Go for an MXR Microamp or so to push a tube amp into some sweet tube saturation. My personal favorite method.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Whatever you do, don't buy any MXR or Electro-Harmonics stuff, they suck. Boss pedals rule!
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
i currently have an Ibanez SM7 but dont use it much. its got a good sound... im looking for a good distortion pedal that i can use with most music as a rythm guitarist. any suggestions on that ?
Quote by fatgraymatt
Whatever you do, don't buy any MXR or Electro-Harmonics stuff, they suck. Boss pedals rule!

Close minded much?
If you don't need to use all at once, I recommend a Marshall Regenerator

has chorus, flange and phase all in one
what amp do you have?
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Close minded much?

Actually I just wrote that to show a certain UG'er who'll remain nameless how arrogant and immature blanket statements like that are.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Well boss pedals generally ARE boring, and in almost every circumstance, EHX is better. Its not a 'blanket statement', its that all my experience shows that Boss is usually cold and sterile compared to EHX. If your about cold and sterile then go for it, but Ill never reccommend a mediocre pedal, which is what most boss pedals are.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
^ Well Bosses DD-3 and DD-6 are pretty good pedals.

But yeah gotta say their distortion and overdrive pedals are pretty average.
Get a Jekyl and Hyde for overdrive and distortion, that way you'll have overdrive and really versatile distortion in one pedal. The only downside is that it's $140.

Don't get a Boss DS-1, they sound like poo.