Page 1 of 2
hi i gave my cousin 1 of my picks cos hes learning guitar, but now ive lost my main pick (its not just any pick its the bass players from Cold Chisel) and now im pickless with a performance thing due next week for school. so i kinda was wondering if anybody knows of something good i can use instead of a pick (dont say fingers or thumb) until i find it?
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
ummm if its in a week just buy a new pick? or do what i do...take your parents old credit cards and cut them into the shapes of picks....actually works
Wha?

Not having enough picks?

..I buy them in like 72 packs.. and have like.. 3 in each pair of pants and about 5 in each room of the house.
^done that before. can't be good for the strings, though.
member #2 [red army] of the Red vs. Blue Club. PM fret13 to join.
(I wasn't cool enough for a name)
Quote by RHCP94
Pfft, we all know Yakult isn't a person.
when i was first starting out i used a coin

if you raelly are that desperate cut out an old bank card or similar...they work pretty well

or you could just go buy one....or a few if you dont want to be in this situation again
My picks last me months. Just buy like a 10 back and dont use a new one till the old one is wasted.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
My brother used the same pick for almost 5 years until he lost it. He had a whole bag full of picks in his case, but he would only use that one because when he finished playing he'd stick it in between the strings.
haz_uk, yes actually i kinda do. anyway i dont wanna buy a new pick i play uber super dooper when i use my special pick. its a bass pick and it glows in the dark (ooo aaa lol)

Quote by Rankles
so why would replacing it with something stupid be better?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
mainly cos i wanna play my guitar NOW, and i have sore fingers from 1. guitar and 2. spending hours just spinning the basketball -_-

Quote by Rankles
You have a week to get down to the shop and buy some more. Where's the problem?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
If you like the feel of heavy bass picks, maybe try dunlop jazz's? the very thick and big stubby ones i believe. Jazz III's FTW!
A knife is a pretty good substitution
make sure u use the cutting edge and strum plenty!
Fingerpicking FTW!

Dude next time just buy a shit load of picks at the guitar store.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Mmmm.

You know these kind of sled thingys that are just a piece of plastic made to fit a persons ass and has a handle in the front ?

I cut out like 10 picks out of that and they are fine. If your into picks that are 1,5 and fater.
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
My picks last me months. Just buy like a 10 back and dont use a new one till the old one is wasted.

it's rarely the problem of wasting one but losing them
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Those bread clips that come with a loaf of bread which clips onto the bag. Comes free with every loaf of bread you buy!
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Last edited by lucid_strat at Feb 16, 2007,
Piece of paper.

Fold it once, maybe twice.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Jakester
haz_uk, yes actually i kinda do. anyway i dont wanna buy a new pick i play uber super dooper when i use my special pick. its a bass pick and it glows in the dark (ooo aaa lol)

Dude, what the ****? Then how are you going to play "uber super dooper" with a substitute? Anyway, just get a piece of plastic, cut out a triangle and shape it up by putting curves at the edges. I use those soft plastic CD cases you get with PS2 magazines.

And yeah, those bread clips work pretty good, but I don't like using them.
seriously just go to the shop and buy a whole tonne of them. i always buy at least ten or twenty at a time. why would you only have two? and why is it a big deal?

am i just showing my early morning (11.18am) stupidity?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
If you use a coin,make sure its a quarter...they sound pretty cool with the distortion turned up,and they fit rather nice to the hand...
And,Why did you only have 1 pick?????
Quote by esther_mouse
seriously just go to the shop and buy a whole tonne of them.

Its not easy when you live about 60 miles from the nearestplace that sells them... even then their only open mondays, weds thurs n fridays!!!!

This is how i manage to pwn Finger picking!!

EDIT: Keeping on topic - do the bank card thing
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
Last edited by The Lunatic at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by mattreid222
No-one has suggested the obvious substitute for a pick ... a penis.

That's put a mental image into my head of some guy intenting a new 3 way hybrid picking technique.
I'll repeat.

USE PAPER
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I know how that is,the music shop in my town isnt even a music shop,it didnt sell anything other than a few cheesy cds,and IMITATION fender picks,and 'fender' strings...I havent been there since i told the shop owner that he didnt sell anything worth buying,then i walked out (that was the time i needed bridge pins for my friend)
Other than that the only place that ive gone for accessories/nessesites is about 60 miles,and in the next state...
I know what you mean about using just the one pick I always use the same JD 75mm nylon, even after 3 years. I keep losing it and finding it again somwhere completley differnt.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Guide to getting new picks until next week:
Way A:
1_ Stop masturbating.
2_ Stand on your fcking foots.
3_ Go to the closest music shop.
Sub way A:
Take a pick, show the shop owner a knife, and go out without paying. Be ready for lots of ********* in jail.
Sub way B:
Take a pick, give the shop owner 0.5 US dollars, go home.

Way B:
1_ Go to ebay.com
2_ Search for pick packs
3_ Buy one
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2