Jesus. It's not often i make threads....

But i could do with some help.

I woke up half-an-hour ago after a really uncomfortable nights sleep. ( I kept waking up and having really long, really strange dreams and my top pillow kept falling off the bed.)
When i woke up i tried turn my head left (when stretching) and i screaming in agony as I HAVE TRAPPED A NERVE IN MY NECK AND IT BLOODY HURTS!

...Ok, if today was a normal day, i would just let the thing heal itselfs over time. Unfortunatly i got work later and i dont really wanna have to move like a fat man trying to do the robot when trying to look left, do i?

Any tips?

Common UG, quite serious here, because my managers (strict little fuckers...) wont send me home with it, and working an 8-hour shift will probably be the things of nightmares with this really painful trapped nerve in my neck....

I need advice! I gotta get ready for work at 11Am GTM and leave for 11.20!!

Um..Help?!
The only thing you can do is wait, but you can always attempt to cool it or something
Quote by Chex
Call in sick?

Nah, wouldnt work, there REALLY strict and spy on you if you say your calling in sick...
Fucking McDonalds...
A quick jolt of the neck should sort it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I had that once, it stayed for days.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

A warm wet towel there should ease the pain
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Quote by Moggan13
Nah, wouldnt work, there REALLY strict and spy on you if you say your calling in sick...
Fucking McDonalds...

They spy on you?! I would have thought working for Maccy D's is bad enough, without them sacrificing you for taking one sick day.

I thought my job was bad. I feel for you.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Same as JamieB, I've had it before and it can stay for days... mine did.
Just call in sick, you have a viable reason to... so they can spy on you all you want. There's no way to make it go quicker really, apart from keeping it warm, massaging it and plenty of painkillers.
This happened me once when i moved my head very fast to the left.
After i tried doing the same again it hurt so much i couldnt move my head 2 days and i could barely take of my t.shirt
Quote by shav0r
The only thing you can do is wait, but you can always attempt to cool it or something

not cool it moron, heat it up. alot, warm showers, massages, and wear something around your neck it should go away in time
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I've got a cure for what ails ya. Now do you want to easy the pain or simply not feel your head for three days?
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

It's called, Whip Lash. It happens when your head somehow stays in the same position overnight. It's nothing serious. It'll ware off throughout the day.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Bloody hell, McDonalds must be hell to work at.

then again, he's probably at work now
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Stretch the **** outta your neck. Try and turn your head that way, no matter how bad the pain. If you don't it'll take longer to heal.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Ibuprofen is pretty good for that, it has worked for me in the past. Things like deep heat etc are OK but very short term relief. Keep a warm scarf round your neck.

Hope feel better soon, I know how it hurts.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix