Cmon seriously, why would it blow up?? my friend who is a a basist does it all the time. He doesnt really care if it does coz its just a lil pactice amp but im going to be buying a bass and i dont have a bass amp and i dont particually want to blow my amp..... but would i really blow it up?

Cheers.
No, it won't "blow up" but it will not do the speaker any good. It won't have been designed to replicate such low frequencies and usually the speaker won't last long. If you want bass, you want a bass amp.
Quote by Lefty_God
My freing used his bass through a guitar amp and it seriously messed up his pickups

so the guitar amp wrecked his bass and not the other way round?

Would it matter if u play the bass through a guitar amp, but at lowish volumes, like maybe room volume or even lower?
Quote by Lefty_God
My friend used his bass through a guitar amp and it seriously messed up his pickups

Now I don't know much about this sort of stuff, but I can not understand how that would work.
Quote by henza_x
so the guitar amp wrecked his bass and not the other way round?

Would it matter if u play the bass through a guitar amp, but at lowish volumes, like maybe room volume or even lower?

i think its the low freq. vibrating the speakers much farther than they are meant to go, so low vols shouldnt damage a guitar amp too much
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Quote by Lefty_God
My freing used his bass through a guitar amp and it seriously messed up his pickups

the low frequencies probably knackered the speaker up, the speaker or some part of the amp had a short circuit and the result was feedback returning to the instrument,,,thus blowing the pick ups out
Quote by sajuuk
the low frequencies probably knackered the speaker up, the speaker or some part of the amp had a short circuit and the result was feedback returning to the instrument,,,thus blowing the pick ups out

That sounds pretty far fetched but cool cool.
well I'm bored man lol what better things to do than bullshit when your at college with nothign to do. Although its possible. I had an amp short circuit once and the feedback well and truley fuked my guitar lol
It's frustrating telling people how important it is to use the right amps for the right instruments. I know people using their bass through a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp constantly for the past 3 to 4 years atleast.
eat sleep play guitar