When I hear solo's in songs they always have a lot of oomph to them. If you know what I mean. I play a squier strat through an mg15cdr and was wondering what kind of pedal would best suit me.

I need something to give it a not necesserily a more distorted sound, but something to give it more presence.

Sorry if I seem vague.

Theres all these pedals like flange, chorus, delay, phaser, but I wouldnt know which is best.

Thanks
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Sounds like you need an overdrive. Not too much distortion, but gives that oomph, and gain.
I have the Boss SD-1, and I love it.
yea the way to set it up is to have the tone at whatever you want. drive at zero and level set so it's giving you a good boost when the pedal's on.

you just stomp on it for the solo and it drives your dist a bit harder and gives the sound a bit more balls
Alternatively, if you don't need more gain, a treble booster might give you that edge and presence to cut through the mix. An EQ pedal with a boost in the highs (and possibly a slight overall boost) would do just as well.
If you simply want a boost, I'd get a boost pedal. Treble boosters are nice as was previously mentioned, but depending on the sound you want, you may check out some different boosters. EQ is always a choice as well, but I'd go booster.
mxr micro amp's give the signal more power , i dunno if thats what your'e looking for though.
POST FINDER
Buy an eq pedal. You can boost your overall volume and your high mids at the same time.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I use a GE-7 for leads and it add some mids to the signal. EQ is set to a sort of rainbow.
Works great AND is customizeable to suit your sound
everytime i feel like my sound needs a boost, i usualyl just add compression to the mix.

gives you a clearer sound and more sustain, without changing the tone
I'd say a better amp and then a pedal. A pedal on that is just gonna make it sound worse.
I just upgraded form the very same amp, MG15 CDR to a new Roland Cube 60 and it sounds SO much better...
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.