Hi i am looking for a new bridge pickup for my Godin detour which has a maple body with poplar wings whatever they are!? it also has a rosewood fretboard.

The kind of tone i am going for is something quite thick and warm sounding but with really deep rich cleans. The pickup also has to be able to handle a bit of metal too but not necessarily punchy palm mute type thrashy stuff as my other guitar handles that.

I want to play stuff similar to Agalloch, Empyrium, My dying bride and opeth (who use the custom custom i think?). so really big deep sounds and great cleans.

I was thinking possibly the custom custom or custom 5? I think if i went for ceramic i would possibly end up with a tone thats too raw or aggresive?

Any advice would be great. thanks
Dimarzio Breed sounds good if you're wanting thick and warm.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Maple bodied....thats not one you see everyday, if I were you I would go to the seymour duncan website. Theres a setup wizard in there that may help and given how many different series of pickups they've got they'll have somthing you can make use of
The majority of the Duncans sound better in warmer instruments, there's a few models suited for brighter instruments but not really anything specifically designed to warm up the tone. From them the Custom Custom would probably be the best choice, but it won't do as good a job as the Breed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com