I'm aware that this is a subject that is gone over many times, but I'm just finding it very difficult to get answers AND reasons.

I want a tube amp, which can be loud enough for rehearsals and gigs, and if it's too loud for bedroom practice, I can use my SS for that. I play heavy metal, and some clean/bluesy stuff with a bit of crunch, so decent cleans and high gain with good note definition is what I'm looking for.

And I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone could post some sound clips of the amps they recommend, so I can get an idea of the sound.
Funny words.
Well, the title of your thread is right, this has been covered many times.
Not to sound lick a dick, but if you take the time to search this board you will find hundreds of posts asking the same question.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
lol, just remembered I already pm'd you about this a while ago
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
lol, just remembered I already pm'd you about this a while ago

haha yeah, but I could never find anywhere with any FA sound clips, but now i've got this one you just posted, so thanks a lot!
Funny words.
I got my JCM800 Combo for £390 on ebay, so check around for them
Look into a Laney VC30. Or Peavey Classic 30 with a TS9 or an OD pedal for some gain boosting.
Or the LC30 prehaps, bit more gain than the VC and a more modern bright sound
Peavey 5150/whatever it's called now might do. B-52 AT-112, can do cleans, blues and high gain well. A bluesier/classic rock amp can do metal with the right pedal, too. An OD pedal (Tubescreamer) will give you some OD at quieter levels. Finally, an isolation cabinet lets you crank your amp without being too loud.