I'm looking for a new electric guitar, since I need an upgrade so that I'm not stuck with playing on my beginner guitar. I have a price range (after a little working) which is about: 200$-600$. I try to keep my playing as varied as possible, so I'll need to have a guitar that can handle a lot. The amp that I will be playing the most with is the Roland Cube-30.
I just recently upgraded to; i bought one of the rg models from ibanez which cost about $400 and i must say im really impressed.

But it also depends on what kind of music you play.

Schecter and Ibanez etc are more of the heavy metal guitarists choice, whereas Fenders and the like are more for funk or whatever.
Well, I don't know, I am in the mood for a flying V or something like that, but I can check the RG's out.

Thank's!
musiciansfriend.com
The guitar does not determine what style of music that it plays. I've been in the business for 22 years and have seen and heard just about every brand of guitar used for every style of music. If you want a V then get a V.
Here is an Ibanez V with DiMarzio D Activator pickups! I cannot tell you how it plays, but I imagine it would sound ballsy as hell with those pickups. Try one out and see what ya think.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-IBA-VBT700-WH.html#
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~