Hey guys

just bought a mid nineties mesa boogie dual rect. in perfect condition and little use. The previous owner used it for practice in his room and the occasional recording!

just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a cab to use with it? running a bit low on funds now after purchasing this so need a decent cab. The rect has two four ohms slots and one eight and one 16

all ideas appreciated

cheers guys
Mesa standard cab?

Avatar gets a fair bit of praise for being good budget cabs, but i've never heard one before. Marshall 1960A?

What is your budget>?
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.

I had a Dual rec and dual rec tremoverb as my gigging amps. I had the tremo and a Mesa 4x12 cab with black shadows in it stored at our practice space and wanted to get a 2x12 cab to keep at my apartment so I wouldnt need to haul the 4x12 back and forth. I stumbled on Avatar 2-3 years ago and bought a 2x12 with V30s in it. The avatar cab sounded AS GOOD as my Mesa 4x12, had great bottom end, crystal clear highs, and was more than half the price. A month later, I sold my Mesa 4x12 and bought another avatar 2x12 cab.

You can custom your speaker combination to tweak it to your needs. I recommend a 2x12 with 60 watt V30s in it. Sounded perfect with my Dual Rec and Dual Rec Tremo.

All the power of a 4x12 Mesa halfstack with half the size and more than half the cost and half the backache when you need to move it.
Last edited by philter25 at Feb 16, 2007,
Avatar cabs are nice for the price, but keep an eye out for used Mesa cabs. I purchased my Mesa cab used for about the same price as a new avatar.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
I just got a Framus V30 loaded 212 cab and it sounds awesome with my Screamer 50.

It was £200 aswell the tolex on the front is a bit of a wierd colour, like an orangy redy purpley colour. But it looks quite cool IMO
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
How is the build quality on the Framus? Could it take a good beating?
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Oh deffinatly, its made from 17mm Ply so it can take a few hits. The corners are steel plated aswell. Im not saying you could throw it off a bridge or anything and it probably wont stand up to a Mesa or ENGL cab but its pretty great all in all.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I wouldnt suggest Avatar. Unless you take speakers out of it put and them in a better cab...