Hey,
I currently have a Line 6 Spider II amp but i cant get the rite tone out of it which i want, therefore I'm looking to buy a new amp but unsure on which one to get

i play music such as slipknot, punk and metal
Well, your Uber Metal can give a reasonably gain boost...

How much money have you got? Try Laney amps. "They iz well good, innit?", as the chavs say. The LC-30 is one of the ebst in it's price range. They're not cheap, though.
well line 6 came out with the spider 3 amps now, i recomend the 75 watt. They come with i think 150 song and 250 artist created presets, inluding slipknot tones. You hear one of these in action, you'll fall in love.
Last edited by monkeyman3dee at Feb 16, 2007,
hmm, i dont really need anything too loud, 30 watts should do the trick, i tried out this "Torq" amp today but forgot the model number GA7 something something something
Roland's Cube set of amps have a good high gain setting called R-Flier. I think its meant to be similar to Metallica's Mesa Boogie amplifiers. They come in 30w and 60w, and believe me when i say their built like a tank - i read a review that said if there was a nuclear war, the only things to survive would be cockroaches and roland cubes.

Oh, and if you haven't already, a good way to boost gain is to get a set of ultra-hot live pickups like emg-81s installed on your guitar.
so you guys would recommend the Roland cube over the spider II?
just making sure
Quote by BichGoat
so you guys would recommend the Roland cube over the spider II?
just making sure

Definitely. Although I'd still go tube if you can.