I read the reviews for the Marshall MG half stack...........the reviews say they are good but the people i talk to say the MG's don't have good tone and it's just a waste of money. Has anyone played the MG half stack before? Is it worth it? I need good, honest reviews.
I, personally didn't like the MG halfstack when I played it at my local guitar store and think that for the money, there are much better amps to be had...don't be fooled by the fact that it's a Marshall Halfstack. Try it for yourself if you want...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
in all honesty reviews given at Ug(not the forum but on the homepage thingy) and on instrument selling websites are all bs.

the mg series is just teriible for the price. And for what the mg halfstack cost theres better amps in the range that A.Beat it tone wise to death. B if loudness is your game (beat the hell out of it in terms of volume)
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
if your gonna spend 500+ on an amp, you better buy a tube combo. Ive been playing for a good while and I can say that the MG is THE WORST amp ive ever played. Most (if not all) Marshall SS amps just plain SUCK. There terrible, there tone is lifeless, the cleans are distorted, and the distortion is weak. The MG halfstack has to be the biggest peice of shit ive ever played. please DO NOT get the MG!
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

there really is no reason to get a solid state half stack, and an unrelieble MG on top of that makes even less sense.

close to the same "loudness" can be produced by a SS combo of similar wattage. at a much cheaper price.

better tones and volume can be produced by a tube combo at similar price.

if u want, post a budget and music style, and im sure we can suggest a few alternatives.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok well...everyone told me that it was the wrost thing i could buy....long story short, i bought it. ive only had it for a week and only been playing for 8 months, but i love it to death. maybe i cant tell i that it has sucky tone, but it beats the shit outta the LIne 6 spider II halfcab. i run it with my gibson faded flying V and its been badass for me. maybe a month from now ill regret it, but it beats the shit outta my previous 15 watt practice amp.
^ a $500+ amp should beat the crap out of a practice amp or spider.

i hope u continue to be happy with it after playing with it a while. i really do. that's a bunch of money for a guy just starting out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Hip Hip Hooray! Somebody bought an MG. I've played an MG halfstack, and loved it, although I shortley added a distortion pedal in the mix for better distortion, because for hevier stuff, the distortion in MG's suck. I have an MG30DFX and love it to bits. Nice buy seriously. If you have no problems with it in terms of technical issues, then you'll like it. But look into buying a distortion pedal of some sort if you play heavier stuff.
adam dont u think it's a little silly for a person to say they love an amp, even tho the distortion sucks?

doesnt matter i guess. but it really doesnt make sense.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
adam dont u think it's a little silly for a person to say they love an amp, even tho the distortion sucks?

i think so too.

seriously for 599 there much much better amps than the MG. with better on board distortion(no tone sucking distortion pedals needed), better cleans, and a smoother warmer sound.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by jj1565

No because I still get good tone out of it. The pedal just fixes up the distortion, no big change in tone.
ok, as long as ur happy, that's cool.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62