Hi UG,

I have only ever used a mutifx which is currently in the FX loop of my ENGL screamer (but is not used very much as it kills my tone). But my question is: where does a wah pedal go from the setup standpoint? Does it go guitar --> wah --> amp?

I have heard that modulation pedals are best in the FX loop, but are there pedals about that dont suck the tone from the amp itself when the loop is in use?

Thanks!
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Yep, guitar>wah>amp. If you have more than one effect in front of the amp, then as a general rule of thumb you have the wah first.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
actually there is no rule for where the wah wah goes, you just put it where you think that it sounds better.
Looking for a new sig!
right so ill just have to experiment .

What about the modulation effects?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Yes, that's a no brainer, but i was speaking generally Samerika.

Modulation effects are usually put in the Effects loop, but it really depends on where you like them.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
modulation always goes next to last, right before delay or reverbs. wah usually goes very first, or right after an OD/distortion.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by pity tha' foo'
Yes, that's a no brainer, but i was speaking generally Samerika.

Modulation effects are usually put in the Effects loop, but it really depends on where you like them.

Yeah I know what i meant are there any that wont effect the tone of my amp (appart from the sound wanted, obviously)?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
bump
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
Yeah I know what i meant are there any that wont effect the tone of my amp (appart from the sound wanted, obviously)?

Effects that have true bypass switching. Basically, the effect and all its signal path is completely removed from your guitar's signal path, thereby not affecting your tone.
imho
Phase
OD(TS9)
WAH
OD(TS808)
chorus
Dist
Fuzz
WAH

FX loop
giga delay

reverb
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
^Noo...

I'd go either Wah-Distortion or Distortion-Wah. Depends on the intensity desired. i like my wah to be really strong a lot of the time, so i go wah first. But whatever you do, Phasing and Flanging last, otherwise your distortion will sound more digital than it needs to.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
do not hate on the setup

ps i do move around the chorus a little
the reason theyre like that is because theyre always at really slow there just there for subtle differences in tone when i play certain things
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.