I have searched many, many amps and asked about them from you guys, my friends, and people at several music stores. Out of my choices and price range, here are my last two choices:

Ashdown MAG C115-300 Combo Bass Amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C115300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485032

Kustom Groove 210C Bass Combo Amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Groove-210C-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480764

Such a hard decision. I play in a rock/metal band and I can't be heard over anyone with the amp I have now. The biggest thing about the Ashdown amp is that is fairly lightweight and can be connected to extension cabs but I don't like that it does not have a horn which I think would be nice. The biggest things I like about the Kustom amp is that it has better amp, head, speakers, pretty much everything but its a little bigger, twice as heavy (120 pounds!), and no extension cab output.

This is a really hard decision. They are both good companies and the Kustom does seem to be the better deal as far as price and quality goes but its so heavy and I won't be able to connect it to a cab (btw I don't plan to use a cab but I would like the option just in case). What would you suggest?

My main goal is to be able to be heard clearly over the guitarists who both have 100w amps and the drummer. I know either of these amps would do that but still.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I've only played the ashdown and loved it so I would say go for that but the kustoms seem to be getting very good reviews at the moment.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Neither, the ashdown's 15" speaker isn't up too much. the 410, which I own, is amazing however, and it's also a little cheaper I believe. Ashdowns are deep amps anyway, so you'll still have the lows.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by smb
Get an Ashdown but with 10" speakers.

can you give me a link? Is it a combo or do I need to get a separate head?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Here it is
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
In very general terms, the more weight there is, the more that is there. The kustom weighs twice as more, so I think volume would not be a problem.
i got a Kustom cab, its not bad but really f*cking heavy. they do make good amps
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
i'd pick the kustom. it comes with removeable castors, so moving it around wont be too difficult, tonewise, kustom's are among the best i'ev ever tried.

also, 600 watt RMS is a really really loud amp. account for the design of the cab itself and you have one massively loud amp. it also has a built in attenuator which is very useful for dorm practice. so really, u wont ever need an extension cab.
Quote by SocKo?
i'd pick the kustom. it comes with removeable castors, so moving it around wont be too difficult, tonewise, kustom's are among the best i'ev ever tried.

also, 600 watt RMS is a really really loud amp. account for the design of the cab itself and you have one massively loud amp. it also has a built in attenuator which is very useful for dorm practice. so really, u wont ever need an extension cab.

Um what is a attenuator?

and

What are castors and why would it make it easier?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
castors = wheels
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
I would go with the Kustom because of its superior speakers, multiple features, as well as the reasons you stated:
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS

it has better amp, head, speakers, pretty much everything

Weight shouldn't be an issue because it has wheels it looks like, but hey, a bass player needs to be able to handle a big rig.