Page 1 of 4
What are some great guitarists that have terrible bands?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Great ability-wise?

I'm going to get flamed but Eddie Van Halen.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by wingedgopher
Great ability-wise?

actually i agree 100%
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

every guitarist in a death metal/black metal band. Such wasted talent,not hard ditch your singer or make him sing like a human instead of a gorilla and presto kickass band talented guitarist payed what he/she? deserves.

Quote by wingedgopher
Great ability-wise?

van halen no,van Hager yes
Can't think of anyone.. besides me, of course
Amocracy over democracy.
mark knophler, cracking guitarist but dire straights sucked balls, guess he just cant write songs...
most metal bands that are out today...i think the guitarist kickass but i just dont like the music

ie: trivium, atreyu, killswitch engage etc
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
the dude from MCR. i think his name is ray toro...he can ****ing rip but his band blows hard

Yea...I had MTV on because I had been watching Jackass, and they had a new video on. I was too lazy to change it, so I watched. The whole band was terrible...but the solo...I was like WTF? It was actually decent...wish I remembered the name of the song.
john 5 when he was in marilyn manson. he could have chosen loser instead of rob zombie too.

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
Quote by Atreideslegend
mark knophler, cracking guitarist but dire straights sucked balls, guess he just cant write songs...

I agree

But have you heard Sultans Of Swing by them?
Its amazing!
Its like someone joined the band, wrote this, and left.
This so song is so different from their other stuff.

Oh, yeah, topic.

Hmm...

..cant think of anything
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Steve vai in whitesnake....whitesnake blows
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

Quote by Dirge Humani
Yea...I had MTV on because I had been watching Jackass, and they had a new video on. I was too lazy to change it, so I watched. The whole band was terrible...but the solo...I was like WTF? It was actually decent...wish I remembered the name of the song.

Is it welcome to the black parade?
Quote by schecter_elite
But yeah, do some moshing at a fall out boy concert, it's fricken awsome.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
the dude from MCR. i think his name is ray toro...he can ****ing rip but his band blows hard

Apperently the other guy, Frank Iero, is really good too.
I think the guitarists out of Trivium are good, just don't like the music.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Quote by garfunkleskater
^^ those bands arent considered metal buddy. haha

Coming from a guy with a Korn avatar?

But anyway, Sum 41s guitarist, before he quit. Even though I don't mind sum 41, the rest of the band wernt half as talented as him.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
mark tremonti is a pretty decent guitarist, but both of his bands suck horribly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
John frusctine or whatever his name is. For some reason, i just cant seem to dig RHCP
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Eh i agree with the mcr, but dream theater and RHCP are awesome in my opinon. This reminds me of a concert, there was the lead singer from dashboard confessional (1st opening act i don't like them at all) and he had a solo band and my god they sucked beyond my ability to describe them. I felt sorry for the bassist though he was tryin so hard to rock out but everyone else sucked so bad...
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the future is uncertain and the end is always near. - The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
Quote by Viva-la-mark
Apperently the other guy, Frank Iero, is really good too.
I think the guitarists out of Trivium are good, just don't like the music.

Yeah, I jammed with him once (we have a mutual friend) he's not what you'd consider good but he's definitely good by pop punk standards.
Dickless.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
mark tremonti is a pretty decent guitarist, but both of his bands suck horribly.

No. Just no.

I would say Wes Montomery(Sp?) in Limp Bizkit.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Yep, Ray Toro from MCR.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by Dirge Humani

I like how you have to justify watching tv. Are you that worried people will make fun of you that you need to give your reasons why you watched?
Quote by South-of-Heaven
John frusctine or whatever his name is. For some reason, i just cant seem to dig RHCP

Your a dumbass. Chad Smith is a great drummer. Flea is a great bassist. Kiedis is a great singer.
Quote by South-of-Heaven

RHCP own you.
LOL
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

exactly, hes a pro guitarist, but hes in MCR....hes the reason why i somewhat tolerate them cause of him, i just cant stand their fanbase and their mainstreamosity, they wouldve been better they werent as popular. hate popular bands xD.
Quote by wingedgopher
Great ability-wise?

No ****ing way. Are you kidding me?!?!

What about DLR?
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by ~SouthWillRise~
Your a dumbass. Chad Smith is a great drummer. Flea is a great bassist. Kiedis is a great singer.

Kiedis practically talks into the mic, hardly a great singer in my opinion. And you used the wrong tense of "you're." Learn grammar before calling someone a dumbass. On topic, I agree with Ray Toro, and I'll add Joe Perry. The guy's amazing but I can't seem to get into Aerosmith as a whole.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
No. Just no.

I would say Wes Montomery(Sp?) in Limp Bizkit.

Yes. Definately yes. and i think you mean Wes Borland. Wes Montgomery died probably before most of the members of limp bizkit where even born.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^I agree.

kiss sucks
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Synester Gates from Avenged Sevenfold. I can't seem to get into the band for some reason. He's talented though.
You must have been phlegmatic in stature
The gates of thanos are a spread eagle wide
You let the shutters make sackcloth and ashes
Out of a blind mans picaresque heart
Quote by Picklehead
Synester Gates from Avenged Sevenfold. I can't seem to get into the band for some reason. He's talented though.

On that note I'd also like the say Billy Joe Armstrong.
Quote by The Necromancer
On that note I'd also like the say Billy Joe Armstrong.

Thing is, he can actually shred, only the kind of music he plays doesn't require that.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by ~SouthWillRise~

Oh shush

Not everybody in the world has to like RHCP
Thing is, he can actually shred, only the kind of music he plays doesn't require that.

Being able to shred does not make you good.
Page 1 of 4