i know this has been asked countless times but does a boss me 50 represent better value and ease of operation to a first time purcheser of fx or should i just buy individual effects. The only problem is a decent wah costs £100.00 plus and distortion,compression and everything else costs over £50.00 each.
if you dont like me kiss my arss
multi-effects is good for a beginner, as it allows you to mess around, figure out what you like, and once you do, you can start switching out for single effects.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I have a Zoom G2 that I loved to play around with when I first got it - sounded pretty good with 2 Solid State Amps I own... then I bought a couple of old vintage tube amps and it sounded downright crappy. I bought a tubescreamer and IT LOVES my tube amps - also picked up a Boss DS-1 for distortion but ain't happy with it. I'm gonna have to pay the price and maybe pick up a Proco RAT or just stick to SS amps for my metal "fix". The Boss sounds too "tinny" - I want a Dual Rectifier on a Painter's budget
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Me-50 is a pretty decent multiFX. It certainly isn't cutting edge in any way any more, but stll very useable and versatile. And it's not horribly complicated to use either like the GT-8.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Arlabester
i dont like MFX. they sound like digital crap imo. i stick to single pedals.

on his budget, can he afford many at all? he didn't give an exact one, but it seems fairly limited.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!