Page 1 of 2
Okay. So my girlfriend and I are going to a semi-formal dance tonight, and of course, semi-formal means you dress up for it. well, she knows that I hate dressing up in dress clothes with a passion, just because it's not me. Well, nonetheless, I was going to throw a dress shirt on an all that for her anyways, because I'm a nice guy like that. Well, she found out last night that my dress shirt was a short sleeved one, and I guess those are the ugliest shirts a guy can wear. I said that it was all I had, which it is, so I didn't know what I was going to wear. Eventually, she came to the solution that I could wear my band shirt to it, because "I look sexy in it.". Now, this is great because I hate wearing dress clothes, but bad because everyone else there will be all dressed up.

I'm going to wear the band shirt most likely, but wouldn't it feel weird, me dressed casual, her looking all gorgeous in her dress?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Bud, it's semi, you might as well get dressed up, it's not that bad, plus if you do coke while wearing a suit you feel ****ing invincible!
dude...im goin to a semi formal tonight too! what school you goin to it at greenday?
cause im in ontario!
By band shirt, you mean tshirt? That's cool, but I'd feel stupid going to a semi not in a shirt. I guess by semi-formal, it means stuff like casual smart? I'd probably go in a tshirt, shirt and jeans. But yeh, you're girlfriend seems cool.
You could always go get a wal-mart dress shirt.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
dude... just buy a cheap dress shirt and a cheap tie. that way, you won't feel stupid, and your gf will be impressed.
who cares what brand it is when the lights go down?
METALLICA.
band shirt would be cool, i thought about going in a ramones shirt, but im going in a red shirt that i had to skip school just to get

but seriously greenday is yours at mts?
Yes it would look weird... go buy a long sleeved one. Problem solved
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
wear a black dress shirt with black pants and a red and black tie. instant bad ass.
Oh Shit!
Man, just buy one quick. Make her happy.

My school's semi's tonight too, I'm at lucas though. w00t for north london!
lulz
PinkFloyd, I go to SHS.

And I can't go buy a shirt. Our school is in the country, and I'm even further in the country, so driving to town for a shirt would be a waste.

And by band shirt, I mean the shirt for my band. The shirts that have my band's logo on it, that we made. lol

Quote by RadioHead22
Last edited by greendayguitar at Feb 16, 2007,
she may have said it'd be okay if you wear the band shirt but deep down she's most likely hoping you won't
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
i've never seen a short sleeved dress shirt, but it would definitely look weird haha
hug your local pug dealer!
Nahh..

Tell her your going with the band shirt then you quickly hire a tuxedo suit or something and show up there all dressed up, I'm sure she'll be very suprised and will love it .
lol my friend wore a short sleeved dress shirt to grad lst year....he looked like a working class citizen...
yeah, short sleeved dress shirts are horrible. surprise her, it'll amaze her.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by blues_rocker
Either way you'll look stupid

Thanks Pat. I love you, too.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
Thanks Pat. I love you, too.

No problem, I'll do that anytime for you darling
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
are you sure you can do that? all of the formal and semi-formal danecs ive been too refused admission to anyone who isnt dressed properly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by blues_rocker
No problem, I'll do that anytime for you darling

Even if I don't have a dress shirt?

Edit:

To Kid_Thorazine

If they don't let me in, I'll go in anyways. They'll take my money and let me in, because my school is cool like that, as well as poor. I'm going there to have a good time with my girlfriend, formally dressed or not.

Crap. Now I'm worried they won't let me in.

Quote by RadioHead22
Last edited by greendayguitar at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by greendayguitar
Even if I don't have a dress shirt?

Anytime as long as you have a dress shirt*

My love for you is ALMOST unconditional.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
yeah short sleeved shirts look wierd as ****

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
are you sure you can do that? all of the formal and semi-formal danecs ive been too refused admission to anyone who isnt dressed properly.

yeah thats what they do at my school

u should come up with a bitchin' shirt (long sleeve, of course)/tie combo that will knock everyones socks off

then u just roll the sleeves up when u get there and bam! short sleeve shirt if thats how u roll
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
I'd say just go pick up a cheap one at Walmart. She sounds pretty cool though, so wearing the band shirt wouldn't be too bad. Just look casual.
For future semi's/other events, buy yourself a nice long sleeve dress shirt and tie. Seriously. You'll need it.
just wear a regular shirt you tool. you're not proving anythnig by not wearing it. just do it for your gf aynway, idk why you'd want to look back on it knowing you were the only one not dressed up.
Wear a nice blazer/ jacket over your band shirt. Best of both worlds
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Quote by Doolittle
pics of this "girlfriend"?

Okay.

Quote by RadioHead22
cool that you get to wear a band tee shirt to a semiformal dance, bad that shes telling you wat to wear
Quote by sjada
cool that you get to wear a band tee shirt to a semiformal dance, bad that shes telling you wat to wear

Better to be whipped and comfortable than be whipped and uncomfortable.

What was that saying?

I guy is either pussy-whipped or pussy without.

I don't think that's the actual saying, but it's the right idea.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by dennmetal
Wearing your own bands shirt...............not cool.

+1. I'll bet you guys are some shltty pop punk band too. Go to Wal-Mart...
I can't go to Wal-Mart. I live a half hour away from town, and my parents wont drive me there to get a dress shirt I'll only wear once. And no, we're actually a pretty decent hard-rock/modern-rock band. And the logo is really cool.

I found a good white dress shirt of my dad's, but it's too big

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
I can't go to Wal-Mart. I live a half hour away from town, and my parents wont drive me there to get a dress shirt I'll only wear once. And no, we're actually a pretty decent hard-rock/modern-rock band. And the logo is really cool.

I found a good white dress shirt of my dad's, but it's too big

Wear it! It is very cute, because it shows that you at leat tried to look formal
Page 1 of 2