It's a doozy.

Here it is:

Up until a week ago I have never seen The Godfather trilogy. And everybody thinks of me as Joe Movie-Guy.

But now I have seen it, and I hate myself for putting it off as long as I did, because Holy Fuck! Greates trilogy of all time as far as I'm concerned.

I always had these low expectations for the movies which prompted me to never watch them. I'd heard it wasn't just long, but long-winded, moving at a snale's pace. Yeah, it's long, but quick.

I honestly don't know where I've been the last ten years.

Wasn't much of a point to any of this, sorry.
Poor advice.
I was the same, and it blew me away. Totally worthy of the hype.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by CoreysMonster
you suck. Go listen to Tool.

Rofl, I don't watch those kinda of movies.
Jesus Christ, am I the only one who has seen them?!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 16, 2007,
I have only seen the first, but truly the best movie, but perhaps not for people who dont like mafia movies.
The second best for me is shawshank redemption.
Quote by Rankles
I was the same, and it blew me away. Totally worthy of the hype.

Totally. The 3rd one gets shit on alot, which is unfair. It's lacking yes, but still quality (except for the goddamn ending that didn't resolve shit).
Poor advice.
^ it's like, people compare it to the other two, which yes it sucks in comparison to but it's still a great movie.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Pendel
I have only seen the first, but truly the best movie, but perhaps not for people who dont like mafia movies.
The second best for me is shawshank redemption.

I havent seen that either.
I've seen the first two but not all of the 3rd. I need to at some point or another. . .
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I haven't seen it, nor do I plan to. The way it sounds just doesn't interest me.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
When I see you post I always associate you with movies, so that is surprising. By far my favourite films, and probably my favourite art of any medium.
Quote by Rankles
^ it's like, people compare it to the other two, which yes it sucks in comparison to but it's still a great movie.

Yeah, and even if you don't like it, see it for what it is: A completion to one of the best movie trilogies ever.

That's why I defend the last three Star Wars films. Star Wars was a major part of my life growing up, and even though Episodes I-III didn't even touch the originals, they still complete with logic and coherence probably my favorite trilogy ever.
Poor advice.
Even though Star Wars ist't a trilogy any more :P

Anyway, I loved the first one to death.
Second one was great, last one great, but the first one... kickass.

Nobody acts like Marlon Brando.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Even though Star Wars ist't a trilogy any more :P

Anyway, I loved the first one to death.
Second one was great, last one great, but the first one... kickass.

Nobody acts like Marlon Brando.

Yeah, I can't believe he was only 47 at the time.
Poor advice.
It's a kind of acting I see in no other actor (save perhaps Sean Connery). So real, so charismatic. I think it's more the person than the acting that is so enticing.
Quote by CoreysMonster
It's a kind of acting I see in no other actor (save perhaps Sean Connery). So real, so charismatic. I think it's more the person than the acting that is so enticing.

Sean Connery seems to much like an archtype for me. I mean, no matter what he's in, I always just see Sean Connery, you know? Not to say he hasn't done great work (like The Untouchables).

Brando could transform himself into anyone. There are a few actors now who can totally lose themselves in different characters, like Phil Hoffman, Giovanni Ribisi, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sam Rockwell, etc. People who convince me to see their character, not the actor.
Poor advice.
I need to see them too, dammit.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I haven't seen it. I still view it as an overhyped movie.

I think this thread has convince me to watch it sometime.

Quote by stellar_legs
Sean Connery seems to much like an archtype for me. I mean, no matter what he's in, I always just see Sean Connery, you know? Not to say he hasn't done great work (like The Untouchables).

Wow, exactly the way I see it. I can never say in my mind "Wow this character is awesome", it's always "Wow Sean Connery is awesome."
I've never seen it, I want to but I'm not the kind of guy who can watch a regular movie all the way through, no way I could get through the godfather.
Dickless.
Quote by stellar_legs

Brando could transform himself into anyone. There are a few actors now who can totally lose themselves in different characters, like Phil Hoffman, Giovanni Ribisi, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sam Rockwell, etc. People who convince me to see their character, not the actor.

True.
+1000
I just finished the trilogy off today, weird...

I must say, number 1 and 2 are the greatest movies of all time IMO. Number 3, I thought, was very good, but not as good as the other two. The ending with the silent screaming was so sad.

Oh yeah and the helicopter scene was awesome.
No sig...wait...nevermind
I've seen the first 2/3 of the first one and wasn't that impressed, i get the feeling i'm missing something.
Need.New.Sig.
*raises hand*

I haven't seen it. Although, I haven't seen many movies at all.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
the best mafia movie.....Shark Tale
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!