Ok, I currently have Valveking 212. Its too may watts (100) and I don't particularly like it.

In a local music shop there is a used DSL 401 going for £269. I've played it and I like it better then my the Valveking.

I asked the guy there and he said i cud have the amp for £50 + my VK. So essentially I'm selling for £219. I don't really want to do this considering I payed £380 for it new.

However, I do want the amp, so here are my options:

1) Do the swap, lose lots of money but get a better amp.
2) Sell my VK on eBay (how much would one go for?) and get the DSL
3) Keep the VK/

Please help!
dsl>valveking. you guys in the uk get a better deal for marshalls but get ripped off on peavey's. sell, then buy dsl. its a better amp
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Hmm, how recently did you buy the Valveking?

And just do it, you're getting a better amp, and it would have had the same price difference if they were both new.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Do it, you're only out $100 althogether. Sometimes these timing issues of when you buy something new and when something used comes in for sale can't be controlled. Sometimes this costs us money but it will be worth it in the end.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
So I doubt you could take it back.
Give it to them for the price they're asking and just pay the extra £50. You'll be much happier.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
holy F$#K!!! you brits get such good deals on Marshalls! im jealous....

anyways yeah trade it for the DSL. you'll be alot happier. i dont like VK's either.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Well, when i was choosing which tube amp to get, the DSL 401 was an option. I tried it out in a shop and hated it, but tried the half stack version and liked it. Anyway since i didnt have enough for the half stack i got the VK212. I admit its an average amp, but it does the job fine and i prefer it to the DSL 401, ever thought about changing the tubes? or buying a tubescreamer?
I have thought about about getting a Tubescreamer, but I haven't yet seen one to try, and the chances of me veing able to try it with a VK are small.

My VK has Ruby tubes or something, are these good. What would be a good replacemnet?
i think groove tubes might be a step up for you. depends what sound your after. revalving might be expensive though, i know its about 20 quid a tube for groove tubes gold seires preamp tubes. I use groove tubes in my valveking as it really tightens up my bass and gives me alot more mids. I would check out the tubes thread, see what might be suitable for you. But a change of tubes would change the sound of your amp greatly.
Quote by voxdude26
holy F$#K!!! you brits get such good deals on Marshalls! im jealous....

Just like ye americans get good deals on Peavy, Fender, Mesa's, and so on... Pricks...
Quote by sam i am
I have thought about about getting a Tubescreamer, but I haven't yet seen one to try, and the chances of me being able to try it with a VK are small.

My VK has Ruby tubes or something, are these good. What would be a good replacement?

Yeah, a tubescreamer can help out your sound if you're trying to get more gain out of it.

I've never played Ruby tubes before so I can't tell you how good they are. I'd say that the best non-NOS tubes you can get for the Valveking would be Tung-Sol 12AX7's in the preamp and JJ 6L6GC's for the power tubes. That is if you're trying to get a heavier sound out of it.

IMO, you should trade in the Valveking for the DSL. I own one, and love it, but if I would be able to trade it in for a DSL, I'd do it. The Valveking will sound better with new tubes, a tubescreamer, and new speaker, but the cost of all that would be much more than trading for the DSL. Besides, once you've got the DSL you can always save up and replace the tubes, and such, and have a much better sound than you would with the Valveking.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email