Page 1 of 2
I decided yesterday that I'm going to invent a new subgenre of punk: Jewcore. What makes my band Jewcore? We're all going to wear yarmulkes, have anti-swastika patches everywhere, and say oi a lot. I think it'll go over well.
WTF? That'll still be punk. You'll just be wearing Jewish things. Lol, the genre has nothing to do with what you wear whilst playing it.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
i like it. lots of genres these are all about apperal anyway. so the music prly wont matter much.
Quote by Highvoltage45
WTF? That'll still be punk. You'll just be wearing Jewish things. Lol, the genre has nothing to do with what you wear whilst playing it.

Lol, street punk is 90% clothing. Jewcore will be, too. It'll lyrically focus on being mad at Hitler and...all the issues pressing the Jewish community (lol, I dunno WTF to sing about...I'm not a Jew...hell, I don't even know any Jews). Lol we can sing about how we hate nazis. And...we'll drink lots of manischewitz. And there will be at least 100 ois per song. In fact, oi will become an instrument. We'll just have one guy go "oi oi oi oi oi" over and over again throughout everything. I'm thinking Jewcore will catch on. You'll be hearing about all the cool new Jewcore bands...it'll be great.
You are a moron. Really. I hope fifty angry rabis beat your ass with tree branches in a New York back alley and Ben Stiller pisses in your Wheaties.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
then they would have to open a new forum for jewcore
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
haha that would be great id seriously listen to a band like that
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by grungefan89
You are a moron. Really. I hope fifty angry rabis beat your ass with tree branches in a New York back alley and Ben Stiller pisses in your Wheaties.

Lol, silly Jew. This isn't a band making fun of Jews. It's a band...having fun with the idea of Jewish stereotypes. I have at least one Jewish friend, so it's okay. Kind of like how you can say nigga if you have a black friend. Check the Raciaethnicationalitigion Joke Handbook. It's perfectly okay to make fun of a group of people if you are friends with someone who belongs to that group.
For all you pathetically stupid people, this is a joke making fun of ridiculous subgenres, and I think it's pretty funny. I'm half Jewish, I would definitely be in a Jewcore band.
Quote by hardrock1315
For all you pathetically stupid people, this is a joke making fun of ridiculous subgenres, and I think it's pretty funny. I'm half Jewish, I would definitely be in a Jewcore band.

Glad to see somebody gets where I'm coming from. It's partly making fun of stupid subgenres and partly a gimmick. I figure if I'm gonna be play simple three-powerchord songs, I might as well throw in something that hasn't been done before (well...it probably has, but I don't know about it). I got to looking at my hair and it's starting to curl and it made me think of the phrase "Jew fro" and then I knew what I had to do. I thought of it in my head...4 guys on stage wearing yarmulkes and yelling oi with anti-swastika signs everywhere. It would be good times...
Whyvern is allready inadvertently more Jewcore than you will ever be.
You could come up with some good songs.

Make first testament songs into punk rock songs, like the Menorah story.

You could also make fun of the fact that punks complain about being broke, and be obsessed with saving money.

And brag about how killing Jesus is punk.

You would get a lot of stick for doing that, but as long as you did it from the right angle it'd be a great idea.

If it catches on, my jewcore band, "the chosen people of Jizzrael" would gladly support you.
Jewcore sounds like it could be the next big thing, i think i might have to jump on this band wagon so when it gets popular i can say to all the newbies and poseurs "yeah i liked these when they only had 2 fans...."
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Allready been done:

Yidcore, Jewdriver, Not Kosher / Lo Kasher, Zydepunx
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by Zardokk
Lol, silly Jew. This isn't a band making fun of Jews. It's a band...having fun with the idea of Jewish stereotypes. I have at least one Jewish friend, so it's okay. Kind of like how you can say nigga if you have a black friend. Check the Raciaethnicationalitigion Joke Handbook. It's perfectly okay to make fun of a group of people if you are friends with someone who belongs to that group.

Shut your mouth, noob. Just because a book says it's alright doesn't mean it is.

No I'm not Jewish. But you know, I'm real intolerant to ignorance, such as what you exhibit.

Ass. STFU.

cause judaism is a race now...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by grungefan89
Shut your mouth, noob. Just because a book says it's alright doesn't mean it is.

No I'm not Jewish. But you know, I'm real intolerant to ignorance, such as what you exhibit.

Ass. STFU.

Wow...
Quote by mike2
cause judaism is a race now...

because it's always been one. They call it anti-Semetism for a reason. The Semites are a race of people.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Judaism isn't a race, it's a religion...but there is (to some extent) a Jewish race. They're of very specific Jewish descent...

And to GrungeFan89...don't be stupid (or an asshole). I can make jokes about whatever group of people I want. The fact that people have different groups, cultures, idea, etc. is what makes comedy work. Good comedy makes fun of the differences and similarities that exist between us (us being humans).
if you are talking about the semetic race, then you are also not only speaking about the hebrews, but also arabs, ethiopians, and other people that no longer exist today, such as babylonians. but we are not, we are talking about jews, which is a religion. Semites or whatever are a people of similar language too, which is not a race.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by grungefan89

Ass. STFU.

Punk is about taking all the things that are shitty and celebrating them

SxE is about taking away beer from people and celebrating

Jewcore is taking judaism and celebrating it.

and so on. it's not a negative thing at all.

White Power music is about taking white power and celebrating. That's bad.
Quote by Zardokk
I decided yesterday that I'm going to invent a new subgenre of punk: Jewcore. What makes my band Jewcore? We're all going to wear yarmulkes, have anti-swastika patches everywhere, and say oi a lot. I think it'll go over well.

pretty stuipid idea if you ask me. especiallly cuz ur not jewish and dont seem to know anything about the culture. If u wanna make fun of a culture make fun of your own. Also it kinda annoys me that people just love to rip on the jews it really pisses me off. Also, there are enough jews and anti skinheads on the punk scene already bashing nazis and hitler (pretty much every good punk band). You know what, just listen to the song "The Brews" by NOFX and you will find it has already been done before and by people who are jewish and know the culture. One more thing, I hate how you said "what makes us Jewcore, the clothes" Punk shouldnt be about how you dress beacause nobodys going to care when their listening to your crappy album.
seriously thats about as dumb as a bunch of rich white guys painting their faces black and wearing baggy clothes and growing afros and talking about how their so "gangsterrrr".
we have come so politically correct as a society, we can't even have fun....it's sad...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Fuzzbox91
seriously thats about as dumb as a bunch of rich white guys painting their faces black and wearing baggy clothes and growing afros and talking about how their so "gangsterrrr".

Yo say one mo' shizzle about my main man Marshall I dick yo biatch white ass, crazy cracka
Quote by mike2
we have come so politically correct as a society, we can't even have fun....it's sad...

i know it sucks
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Lol. Fuzzbox and grungefan...were you two molested as children? Maybe that would explain why you're always in such a bad mood. Lol Jewcore is going to be the greatest subgenre of punk ever and a few years from now you're going to be walking down the street wearing a yarmulke and you'll realize that you've conformed to punk fashion, which is anti-punk, so it's also really punk (so many paradoxs you get into when discussing punk fashion). But yeah, the yarmulke's gonna catch on. And so is the contagious oi stuff.
Quote by Zardokk
And to GrungeFan89...don't be stupid (or an asshole). I can make jokes about whatever group of people I want. The fact that people have different groups, cultures, idea, etc. is what makes comedy work. Good comedy makes fun of the differences and similarities that exist between us (us being humans).

Carlos Mencia?

Yeah, he's not funny. Making nothing but racial jokes shows how shallow and stupid of a person you are.

Quote by Assclown-eating-Assclown (Zardokk)
Lol. Fuzzbox and grungefan...were you two molested as children? Maybe that would explain why you're always in such a bad mood. Lol Jewcore is going to be the greatest subgenre of punk ever and a few years from now you're going to be walking down the street wearing a yarmulke and you'll realize that you've conformed to punk fashion, which is anti-punk, so it's also really punk (so many paradoxs you get into when discussing punk fashion). But yeah, the yarmulke's gonna catch on. And so is the contagious oi stuff.

So, in your mind, selling out a culture makes you a god, basically. Okay then. I see you're still in Darwin's Waiting Room, waiting for a fucking brain and a little common sense.

You're an idiot kid wanting a get-rich-quick scheme. Try Lotto tickets or selling Pamolive dish washing liquid instead. Not music. You'll prove to be as worthless as Fred Durst and make damaged music, too.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Punk is about taking all the things that are shitty and celebrating them

SxE is about taking away beer from people and celebrating

Jewcore is taking judaism and celebrating it.

and so on. it's not a negative thing at all.

White Power music is about taking white power and celebrating. That's bad.

Yeah, it's positive when it's invented by a Jewish person just wanting to have fun and celebrate their culture, heritage, and so on. It's negative when it's invented by a fourteen-year old dipshit who lives in his parent's basement and has only mastered strumming a frigging D5 on guitar and wants to make a quick buck . . . and that's as bad as White Power music, really.

Last edited by grungefan89 at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by grungefan89
Yeah, it's positive when it's invented by a Jewish person just wanting to have fun and celebrate their culture, heritage, and so on. It's negative when it's invented by a fourteen-year old dipshit who lives in his parent's basement and has only mastered strumming a frigging D5 on guitar and wants to make a quick buck . . . and that's as bad as White Power music, really.

It's not actually taking the piss out of the jewish faith, it's celebrating it.

Unfortunately the Jewish leaders are a bunch of old miserable ****s who can't even take that kind of thing.

They couldn't handle the life of brian. it wasn't a heretical or anti-semititc film.

Are gaycore bands homophobic? No, they celebrate homosexuality.
Page 1 of 2