how does Stevie Via make his guitar laugh like he does in Yankee Rose?
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
ok so where could i get one of these and about how much do they run?

and sorry i didnt realized i wrote the wrong name
Quote by Invictious
£30

That's outrageous.
No thanks.
No, he doesn't use a talk box, its a Wah pedal, and a combination of him sliding and Whammy bar.
Im assuming Jack's right because its sounds like he knows what hes talking about. But you could use a talkbox and get the effect pretty much, those run for around $150 i think maybe.
Quote by spitfyr36
how does Stevie Via make his guitar laugh like he does in Yankee Rose?

Well....obviously he told it a joke....
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
is a voice box what peter frampton uses in Do You Feel Like I Do
Quote by Invictious
£30

That's outrageous.
No thanks.
I have not heard that particular song. But if it is the same thing as his song Butler's Bag than it is definitely a wah and whammy thing going on and not a talkbox. Though yeah I suppose you could do it with a talk box.
Quote by spitfyr36

Yes. You can buy one for like 150-200 bucks... or make one for thirty as I did. Just google "make talk box" and lots of stuff will come up.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Yankee Rose intro is a wah pedal, not a talk box. It's basically a G minor pentatonic lick played with lots of micro-bends to mimic the small pitch variations in speech patterns. For the "conversation" with David Lee Roth ascend and descend crhromatically between the 18th & 15th fret on the B string, wavering the bar slightly to get that vocal quality and sweeping the wah over several notes, rather than individual ones. For that signature "laughing" phrase, simply play a descending chromatic lick from the 18th fret downwards, bending each note slightly and "wahing" each note, as in around a 1/4 step. It's important to not make all the bends the same, and to keep the timing loose, a human laugh has a rhythm, but it's not rigid.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by Krazy_KoRn
and not to be a dick dood..but its Vai..not Via..

Well, Im going to be a dick, cause you spelled "dude' wrong.

Edit: They guy above me seems to know what hes talking about as far as i know.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by spitfyr36

That song just made it into my #1 most played song slot on iTunes today, even though it's 14 mins long. I've always wondered too how he got that effect. Can someone explain how one uses a talkbox.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I know it's wrong (just throwing out there), if you crank your amp and put your throat on the back of the guitar neck it kind of amplifies your voice.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
He looks at it squarely and says:

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel plans. So, the husband left Minneapolis and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day. The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the email.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory following a heart attack. The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My loving wife

Subject: I've arrived Date: April 6, 2006

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then. Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. sure is freaking hot down here!!!!!
^ haha
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
It's definatley no talk box. The whole convo with diamond dave is done with mostly bends and wah and a little bit of whammy bar in places but you don't need the bar if you're smooth with ure bends. I've just learnt to play yankee rose and i ain't been this happy since my first boner.

Just kidding.

Still waiting
The wolf wistle and the laugh are easy its when he gets it to say "David" that I can't do.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Yeah its a talkbox. How else do you have a conversation with a guitar?

(dont answer that)

Hahhaha a good one.