View poll results: Which
60's strat/amp pack
3 20%
Standar Strat/Vox
11 73%
other (please specify)
1 7%
Voters: 15.
Well, from my previous thread, i have narrowed down my options to two things, the fender 60's amp/strat pack, Or a fender standard stratocaster and a vox amp, i need pros and cons of each choice. And a specific vox amp, i'll be playing mostly Red Hot Chili Peppers. Thank you all for helping me narrow it down to these so far, but i need to make a final desicion,
please take this into consideration, you won't be playing red hot chili peppers only for the rest of your life. so, instead of letting people tell you "TeZ StaRtErCastOrZ!" just because you say RHCP, do some research.

for instance, what vox amp are you talking about? the AD series are SS modeling amps. if your talking about the AC series, that is a tube amp. the SS amp will have effects and such, while the tube amp will give you beautiful cleans and a nice subtle overdrive.

and remember, even if you did get a strat and (insert amp choice here) i think john uses marshall amps, which are a much different beast from any amp you have in your choices.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i know but i was reccomended with a vox amp , and i chose stratocaster from perseonal preference and its overall versatility
Quote by GdayArmstrong
i know but i was reccomended with a vox amp , and i chose stratocaster from perseonal preference and its overall versatility

yeah after reading that i felt kinda mean but seriously, a strat is a great choice, but PLAY ONE YOURSELF FIRST!
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i have played strats before, the standard is in my price range, but do you have any specific models of amps that are at the most 400$?
Quote by Mwoit
You could just get a Fender Blues Junior, or a Vox AD50VT. I'd advise the Blues Junior though.... although I hear good stuff about this amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V16-Palomino-15W-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826

The amp in the strat pack is a blues jr. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blonde-Blues-Jr-Guitar-Amp-and-60s-Strat-Package?sku=480493
And I still think that a blues jr. would be better than one of the Vox ad's
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
15w tube is about 30 to 50 watts SS, give or take. but a 15w tube amp will have little headroom, meaning you won't get a very loud clean sound if you want it
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
some consider the HSS to be more versitile, but i dont think a strat is a true strat unless it's SSS
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
hm ok, i'll get the sss and if i need it later, i'll pop a hum bucker in, so which amp do u guys think?
Out of the choices of VOX and the Fender Blues Jr., definitely go with the Fender. Although, if you want to check used on Ebay or something, Im sure you could find a good Marshall combo that would help you get JF's sound.
Are you completely incapable of having any of your own insight whatsoever?
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
i'm sorry, but when it comes to amps i'm a complete noob, i just like to know others opinions, the pros and cons of them, you can't learn without asking questions, so i'd like to know as much as possible about these things, so maybe in the future i could be as condesending as you dudage
^^I still dont get what you are asking. If you are asking what I think of Marshall Tube amps, I will say that I like them a lot better than Fenders, but that is mainly because they have more gain, and I am a Hard Rock and Metal player. I know that JF uses them, and I love his tone. Im pretty sure he would be using something like the JCM 800, but Im not sure completely because I dont follow his rig really.
Well if your asking about buying a tube amp, you should know what your doing. The blues Jr is all tube, and if you dont know what you are doing, you can **** up the tubes, and sometimes even the amp. They have a much better sound than Solid states for the most part, warmer overdrive, sparkling cleans... and basically most big bands use tubes because of the tone. You have to replace the tubes every once in a while, or the tone will start sounding like shit.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/gear_maintenance/taking_care_of_your_tube_amp__ii.html
Theres a basic guide to them.