Hey guys. Guitar riffs and lyrics come easy to me, I just have a hard time writing a melody for the lyrics to be song to.

What is the theory behind this?
if lyrics and riffs are easy fir you then they probably suck . good songs take at least a week to write
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
A lot of people write songs before and then they make up lyrics to fit the song.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by plus182
if lyrics and riffs are easy fir you then they probably suck . good songs take at least a week to write

Wow, that's pretty rough. THink realistically, is it that impossible for me to have the talent to write good riffs?
I've taken music theory lessons so I know how to construct a song.
Write your melody and riffs before your lyrics. Then like shove'em together and get'em right. Thats what i do.
Hey guys. Guitar riffs and lyrics come easy to me, I just have a hard time writing a melody for the lyrics to be song to.

What is the theory behind this?[/QUOTE]
sorry if im being a jerk but right here you're ASKING for theory, so i don't get the message that you know theory. and even with theory, if you want a good song, and not filler, it should still take more than a 2 days.
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...