Right first problem.

I recently put an Evo 2 bridge into my S470 Ibanez, when i put it on middle/bridge pickup selection it sounds week and thin. I'm guessing I've wired it out of phase so will be switch the red and green wires tomorrow to see if it works.

One thing I'm confused about is the fact on the original INF2 pickup it had a red and white wire both going to the pickup selector, and one black to the ground.

Why on the new Evo 2 do i have two grounds? One bare and one green..
Surely the green should goto the place where the white went on the pickup selector?
or red, on the INF2 it doesn't say which one is Hot or not so guessing Red wire is hot...

Second problem.

The threading on my back strap button has totally gone, will filling it with glue , waiting to dry and screwing it in work?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Quote by vegetoe01

One thing I'm confused about is the fact on the original INF2 pickup it had a red and white wire both going to the pickup selector, and one black to the ground.

coil tap pickup^^^^^

i would switch the wires around like you said before
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
coil tap pickup^^^^^

i would switch the wires around like you said before

I'l switch the green and red, to see if that helps..

If it still sounds dodgy I'm tempted to put the green to where the original white wire was on the pickup selector, see if that does anything.
Anyone think thats an ok idea?
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Feb 16, 2007,
it won't hurt anything. just mess around with it till you find the right spot.

and the strap button- shove a whole bunch of toothpicks in, break them so they're flush, and try it again. always works.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Okay, right now where do each of the following wires go?
Red, Black, White, Green and bare.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Okay, right now where do each of the following wires go?
Red, Black, White, Green and bare.

Green and bare are to ground.

Black and white have been wired together.

Red is going to the final post on the pickup selector, one closest to the neck of the guitar. The one on the far left

Edit: the original Red wire from the INF2 pickup was going to the 3 post from the right on the pickup selector, and the white was going to the first post far left...
I was told to put the red wire to where the white one was by a friend...
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Feb 16, 2007,
I don't know what to tell you, the Ibanez wirign diagrams don't tell you what the switch does, or what the wires are.

Try putting the Red where the red from the origional went.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club