I clean my guitar with my cloth gloves, no biggy. But how the hell do i get under the strings? Dude, its always so freakin' dusty under there? I was thinkin' about q-tips. but i dont know, i was just wonderin'
well you could try by Taking Them Off, for a start. thats the way most of us do it.
although there is this 'fast fret' stuff that you slide under your strings across the neck, although that doesn't really clean the frets.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Rolled up toilet paper.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
cloth sheet or something????
I don't bother cleaning mine because its all black and it's impossible to make it look clean
well, at a string change u can swap one string at a time, get under at the headstock and bridge.

or qtips like u said.

also a couple times a year used a fretboard oil. (unless maple)
and whenever u want, use guitar polish on the finished parts, like the body.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I like brushing with an old (but clean!) toothbrush.

And for regular weeklyish cleanings I just roll up some printer-type paper and shove it under the strings.

It cleans the gunk under the strings as well as getting rid of most of the visible dead skin and dirt.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
toilet paper doesnt work for me, it shreds and makes dust worse

My mind is going. I can feel it.
for getting the dust off my guitar I use an anti static duster.It can be a bit awkward when cleaning dust from between the pickups, but I just feed it threw under the strings. Like people said toilet role can work for getting the crap from under the strings

to the guy that said it brakes try using kitchen role that stuff is stronger
Quote by Kutanmoogle

It cleans the gunk under the strings as well as getting rid of most of the visible dead skin and dirt.

"live skin" is even worse tho. i find it clings into all the nooks and crannies. :P

and i find TP and paper towel, shred like a mutha. ^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
"live skin" is even worse tho. i find it clings into all the nooks and crannies. :P

and i find TP and paper towel, shred like a mutha. ^

You and your weird fetishes

Anyway, I think that the threadstarter has gotten a fairly sizable number of replies.

But for good measure, remember that you can polish your guitar with any ol' finished wood polish. Don't waste extra money on guitar-specific polish unless it's some sort of oil for the fretboard (assuming your fretboard isn't finished).

And don't use Windex.
I just stick a piece of Swiffer cloth on the end of a pencil and slide it around. Swiffers are great...they pick up almost everything. Getting between the bridge and tailpiece of my Les Paul is a cinch now, and under the strings of my Peavey V-Type bewteen the bridge and where the strings go into the body is no problem at all.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
You and your weird fetishes

Anyway, I think that the threadstarter has gotten a fairly sizable number of replies.

But for good measure, remember that you can polish your guitar with any ol' finished wood polish. Don't waste extra money on guitar-specific polish unless it's some sort of oil for the fretboard (assuming your fretboard isn't finished).

And don't use Windex.

Oh good god no! DO NOT use anything ANYTHING with silicon in it! Including pledge or anything of the sort. The silicon clings to your guitar like glue. Then if you try to refinish it or something the spots where the silicon clung will "fisheye" if you know what that is. Very unsightly. Plus if you take your guitar to a guitar shop for work afterward you cross contaminate any other guitar that goes in after yours. This is why Guitar polish even exists. If using pledge was ok no one would buy guitar polish.
Right you are, ninja!! Furniture polish is a NO NO!! Just ask yourself..."Do I sit on or put my drink on my guitar?"
It's like the old saying "Please don't pee in my pool....I don't swim in your toilet."
Quote by magicninja_
Oh good god no! DO NOT use anything ANYTHING with silicon in it! Including pledge or anything of the sort. The silicon clings to your guitar like glue. Then if you try to refinish it or something the spots where the silicon clung will "fisheye" if you know what that is. Very unsightly. Plus if you take your guitar to a guitar shop for work afterward you cross contaminate any other guitar that goes in after yours. This is why Guitar polish even exists. If using pledge was ok no one would buy guitar polish.

Damn people at L&M who told me that you could use any finished wood cleaner.

I still use this piano polish though.