i am purchasing a gibson les paul and i also wanted a decent amp to go with it...should i go for the roland cube or another cheap amp?
Its an electric guitar, it needs a good amp to sound good! otherwise you might as well but a far cheeper guitar and save the money
If you can afford a gibson les paul then invest in a good valve amp

Marshall, mesa, vox, fender, diesel, carvin, peavy, etc

Buy one!!!
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
a good guitar through a cheap amp doesnt sound too great.

a cheap guitar through a great amp sounds great

but fi you must with the gibby a roland cube or vox shall be sufficient.

a price raneg will help us
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Feb 16, 2007,
nah man, cos if he wants a good guitar, but wont necesarily be doing any gigs, then feel is more improtant than having the perfect sound really, and something like a Vox AD50VT would suffice perfectly. they are damn good amps.
Quote by cheames
nah man, cos if he wants a good guitar, but wont necesarily be doing any gigs, then feel is more improtant than having the perfect sound really, and something like a Vox AD50VT would suffice perfectly. they are damn good amps.

most people gig sometime, it would be nice to not have to get a new amp.

peavey makes great amps.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by cheames

I own a les paul, and you dont spend that much money for the feel!

They dont feel amazing, they sound amazing. and to sound amazing you needa valve amp or absolute top of the range ss amp.

Dosnt have to be a hge valve amp. The epiphone juniour would do more justice to this guitar then any cheep ss amp imo.
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Quote by mexican_shred
a good guitar through a cheap amp doesnt sound too great.

a cheap guitar through a great amp sounds great

but fi you must with the gibby a roland cube or vox shall be sufficient.

a price raneg will help us

Eh, what if they scored a Marshall Jubilee for fifty cents? I use a great guitar(Not going to name drop, but know that it rocks.) through this little pipsqueak strat pack amp for couch practice to hear myself over the tv and shit, and for what I use it for, it sounds pretty decent. Of course my big boy amps sound better, but do you get what I'm saying here? Also, I've played some shit guitars that even a Dumble couldn't make sound good. I also suggest the Vox, two of the Valve Junior combos would be awesome too.
^i meant cheap as in bang for buck outcome. and yes the vj is great for the price
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
i actually was hoping someone would say the roland cube...i played with that at sam ash and i was blown away at the sound it gave me for such a cheap amp
Either hold off on the Gibson and get a decent amp, or get a Vox or Roland cube.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
If he plays classic rock or blues, get a valve junior.

If not, i'd reccomend holding off the gibson and getting a good amp first
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!