For those of you that run or play sports, do you know if drinking a lot of water during the day helps much when youre running for a sport after school?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
maybe if the toilet is far from wehre u start running... but it keeps u hydrated...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Yes, it is always smart to get hydrated before you run / play whatever sport.
Hydration = good

just don't overdo it
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
hydration = good.

gatorade is good too.

but be sure to bring a water bottle with you too.
gatorade > water

has everything you need to replenish your body's energy.

And it tastes yummy!
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Well gatorade's main flaw is that it costs money
all right thanks guys. i was talking to this junior after we had to run 2 miles and he was telling me that he drinks like 6 water bottles during school and when were running it helps him a ton, at least thats what he said. so i guess ill give it a try
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
6 water bottles during school alone? Geez... isn't 2 liter a day recommended? I can't imagine it being that much more if you're doing sports
no dont drink gatorade. it has too much sugar such th at if you drink it while you are running ect, you will get a terrible cramp. water is the best thing you can drink. lukewarm water. gatorade is good after you work out. the more you drink, the more your body will become resistant to cramping.
i am a pretty sporty person and i know from experience the pro's and con's of being well hydrated, and here they are.

it is always better to keep hydrated, it will keep you from getting headaches and dehydration cramps, so i am going to advise that you keep your fluid levels up.

but, i also find that if i have a drink during a game, i tend to not play as well as i should be for about 10 mins after i drink. i dont know why this happens, so i always try to drink when i am well in front...

contrary to what somebody else said, i think Gatorade is great, it is absorbed into your body quickly and that means that it takes less time for the effects of having a drink to wear off. powerade is another story, it has salt or something in it and is alright to drink before a game WITH WATER but during and after, you shouldnt drink it.

water is always ok, but try to keep it cold. it is better for you to drink kind of warm water because it gets absorbed into your body better or something, but when you are actually drinking it when you are hot as hell, you couldnt care less about that and cold water will leave you far more refreshed, and in my opinion that is more important.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
im trying to get into maryland next year for football and through all this what i have discovered is that, gatorade is awful, and ice cold water hurts your teeth.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
For those of you that run or play sports, do you know if drinking a lot of water during the day helps much when youre running for a sport after school?

Garble
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I can't drink and run at the same time. I get this stomach pain that hurts like a hell.
And then I feel it sloshing around my gut... ugh.
it's best to get hydrated a good while beforehand, give it enough time to get through you a little, and then just slowly sip on it until you're done exercising. if you drink much while you're running, or right before, then you'll get an awful side stitch that will stop you in your tracks. as much as you feel the urge to chug it right after a good workout, don't; you'll just puke it right back out, if you really got a good workout in. wait at least a few minutes after you're done before you empty your water bottle into your belly.
Drink lots of water during the day, hydroloading (drinking a shetload in a small space of time) can damage your kidney and bladder.
Guitar - The true Religion
Nahh you're definitely better off not drinking at all. The optimum level is when you feel your about to pass out.

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
running water what are you running from
now extra flamey
Quote by AusMetal33
Drink lots of water during the day, hydroloading (drinking a shetload in a small space of time) can damage your kidney and bladder.

Not to mention kill you if you drink too much.

Although you'd have to basically drink a bath-load in an hour to kill you, but still, overdrinking causes a swelling of the brain, which puts pressure on it, causing headaches and nausea.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Not to mention kill you if you drink too much.

Although you'd have to basically drink a bath-load in an hour to kill you, but still, overdrinking causes a swelling of the brain, which puts pressure on it, causing headaches and nausea.

A few years ago a lady died while on a radio gameshow where they had to drink as much water as they could without peeing to win a Wii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDND#Hold_Your_Wee_for_a_Wii_controversy

But yeah, it's useful to hydrate well before exercise and in breaks, and I find a bottle of gatorade after training helps a lot, too.