First off I'd like to point out that there is no such thing as punk/hardcore metal, the term would be metalcore. Second metalcore generally sounds like overly used harmonizer pedals with alot of delay mixed with lots of hooks and thrashy riffs and melodic combined with death metal vocals.

The LoG thread got me thinking, yeah how are LoG not metal or how are they metalcore? I mean Hardcore sounds like early Suicidal Tendencies, not LoG. They have not used harmonizers in every song and rarely have hooks besides pounding Slayer/Pantera riffs. Infact, look up the tabs for redneck or Laid to rest or any one of their songs, those riffs are heavy and somehwhat complex. There are no melodic vocals in LoG, but a unique growl that spits at you and slits your face off, LoG's first two albums were Death metal too. Why does everybody hate them? They represent the forefront of good metal today along with Mastadon and Shadows Fall (a little bit metalcore) in a world overrun by emo, rap, and nu-metal music.

I may be new, but my observations also include everybody whining and being reported, with no justification or room for debate or voice. Anyway, I understand this won't change the rules or anything, it may even be closed or reprted with some sneer remark along with it, but whatever, it's just a forum, so long...
Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

No one else post, please. Just resist the urge to flame these morons. It's hard, but it can be done.

*reported*
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
*Reported*

Sneer
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab