please rate my gear on a scale of 1-10,10 being the highest....and if u want u can leave a reason on why u rated it a certain way.

Fender American Presision bass
Ampeg BA115 bass combo
Tech 21 SansAmp 3 Channel Programmable Bass Driver
Toneworks AX3B Bass Modeling Signal Processor
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
There is already a thread like this, use the search function.

Delete this thread, please.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by jaebee
um why? you obviously know you have good gear so whats the point of this thread?

To brag about his gear ^^
"I think I'm better then you...and here's why"
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Change the title to, "Indulge my lack of self esteem by saying that I have good equipment."

Grow up dude.
Please rate the size of my knob...

12" Long
5" diameter

out of 1-10 please.

ya follow?

Delete this thread and grow up, man
Get back down little boy... my dick is bigger than yours! lol But I on the other hand don't tend to brag about my equipment (though it does ****ing rock! lol). Anyways here's a quote from a great interview article in this month's British magazine Bass Guitar Magazine with Victor Wooten.

"Most of us learn in a way that gets us stuck at a certain level. We get stuck at the bass and the instrument starts to take on too much responsibility... Just like a writer who's so into his pencils.
I doesn't make any sense. If I'm reading his book I don't care what he wrote it with and music to me, should be the same... I want to know what you're saying and how does it make me feel."

This article has come a good time in my life, because recently I've started to buy bass guitars and obessing over bass guitars on eBay and Gumtree (for all those UK users). I've spent a stupid amount of money in the last 2 months, perhaps it to mask my own perceived lack of skill.

But to the threadstarter... you should feel comfortable in your ability to play without having to resort to having to show off your equipment to prove that you are a good bassist. Perhaps you need to surround yourself with more supportive musicians.

To use Wooten's analogy, you buy some fantastic 24 carat god tip, fountain pen, encrusted with the world's finest diamond, and designed for astronauts to use in space. The ink would flow fantastically well. But the writer does not show off his pen. Instead, he works on improving his skill in moving people.

This is what we should strive for as musicians.

EDIT: Though having kickass gear is fun and makes life easier!
Last edited by shut_up_you_*** at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by Applehead
Please rate the size of my knob...

12" Long
5" diameter

out of 1-10 please.

ya follow?

Delete this thread and grow up, man

Owned i have a bigger willy then applehead!

nah Just kidding man,

im hung like a cold guinea pig!

and please someone delete this thread
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Well threastarter i'd go for an 8/10 but for the sake of showing off and making a thread about it then i say 0/10. Have a nice day
signature
^You resurrected a thread that no one like, just to post a pic of your gear? Seriously, you should read the thread, and then decide whether you want us to rate your gear or not. Honestly, you should be reported for spam as this has nothing to do with anything. I am so sick of all this newbosity that has overrun the bass forum.
Not only that, that pic was on the "Show off your bass" thread.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have a 70$ copy bass made in China that is the definition of muddy tone.

Am I happy with it? Yes. Why? Because I'm lucky to have a bass at all. There are thousands of kids with unlimited potential in the world who have never played a musical instrument. Be thankful for what you get, don't be a bloody show off and post stuff most of us dream about, just for the sake of it.
Quote by Inahrima

Am I happy with it? Yes. Why? Because I'm lucky to have a bass at all. There are thousands of kids with unlimited potential in the world who have never played a musical instrument. Be thankful for what you get, don't be a bloody show off and post stuff most of us dream about, just for the sake of it.

I am entirely empathetic. I mean I have some great gear. I'm not rich by any means, and don't have parents to support me. I work hard and spend my hard earnt cash on basses and gear that I will enjoy.

I would call myself a an intermediate player. But then I see some bassists not only with great technique, but great musicality and they're doing it on a Squier or a no-name brand, then I feel a bit bad. Because they could make my gear sing better than I can.

But... again lemme me re-iterate what i've said earlier in this post. A bass makes a good bassist like a pen makes a good writer. Of course having great gear is fun! But we as musicians must put that in perspective within our relation to our art.

In other words... stop showing how big your willy is (especially when it's not that awesome)
I know everyone, why dont we rate his basslines?

Hey, threadstarter, record some basslines and we will crit them for you.

It's hilarious you are trying to show off with an American P Bass and a 115 Combo. I think you are trying to make up for your lack of ability with your gear.

it's like getting a Toyota and thinking you are seriously hot sh!t.
Quote by Inahrima

I'm slowly upgrading my gear. not to show off, but because i can then get the sounds i am looking for. i'm just as happy playing a crappy tanglewood short scale as my Cort. Heck, i love my 5 string and its cheap!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Threadstarter, damn u got some nice stuff i should say, but u got some pics cuz i would LOVE to see it!!!Cheers
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by Bassilo
Somehow this thread reminds of SouthPark World of Warcraft episode about dudes with no life.

... How do you kill that which has no life?

P.S. I still think this thread is pointless.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
... How do you kill that which has no life?

Phoenix Downs.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by Bumper
^You resurrected a thread that no one like, just to post a pic of your gear? Seriously, you should read the thread, and then decide whether you want us to rate your gear or not. Honestly, you should be reported for spam as this has nothing to do with anything. I am so sick of all this newbosity that has overrun the bass forum.

I misread the thread, big deal.
Last edited by sounddomine at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by sounddomine
I misread the thread, big deal. fagget bitch

is that French?

and i suggest everyone just stop posting so this thread dies
Quote by sounddomine
I misread the thread, big deal. faggot bitch

Wow, reported. Unless of course you were talking about a cigarette-smoking female dog.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by sounddomine
I misread the thread, big deal. faggot bitch

the fact that you edited this to spell faggot correctly as oppose to remove the objectionable part, is amazing.
Sincerely warned,
Dan.

and Bumper, there's better ways to do things than, basically say, "I'm sad that you're a noob." Seriously. It's the world's most popular bass forum.
Get the crap over it.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
and Bumper, there's better ways to do things than, basically say, "I'm sad that you're a noob."

...sigh....It still makes me sad. But I guess I'll get over it.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
"Most of us learn in a way that gets us stuck at a certain level. We get stuck at the bass and the instrument starts to take on too much responsibility... Just like a writer who's so into his pencils.
I doesn't make any sense. If I'm reading his book I don't care what he wrote it with and music to me, should be the same... I want to know what you're saying and how does it make me feel."

This article has come a good time in my life, because recently I've started to buy bass guitars and obessing over bass guitars on eBay and Gumtree (for all those UK users). I've spent a stupid amount of money in the last 2 months, perhaps it to mask my own perceived lack of skill.

I dig that quote, but it's also from a guy who predominately uses 20-30 thousand dollar Alembic Bass guitars. So uh...

But it's true really, I play on a beat up $400 Ibanez SR300DX, I went to a gig Wednesday with my old cheap Morley Wah and after I had at least two guys ask me about my gear and one ask for advice on new a new bass that would be similar to mine.

Of course I do drool over new basses at least once a day too...
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Wooty uses Fodera, dunnee? And what the hell is the difference between this thread and the Show Off Your Bass thread?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Wooty uses Fodera, dunnee?

I think he uses some of both. And either way, they're damn expensive custom guitars.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think he uses some of both. And either way, they're damn expensive custom guitars.

No, he uses Fodera.

Quote by thefitz
And what the hell is the difference between this thread and the Show Off Your Bass thread?

Some dude made this thread as ego padding. It's not a thread where people rate everyone elses gear, or anything like that. It's just that one guy wanted to be cool so he asked everyone how awesome his bass and amp was.