Im no stranger to the Jackson brand of guitar, but all the bands that play Jackson's have no moved to E.S.P. guitars. Well not all of them but mainly the bands that got better by moving to other brands. Share your thoughts of why Jackson guitars are sliping or maybe just not good enough
one word

warrior
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
i think maybe cuz ESPs give them a better name. they seem more well known and liked. personally i think jacksons are the best guitars ever hands down, and a lot of people do. alexi laiho and mustaine prob switched because of a better deal and their signature models would sell faster. people like esp more than jackson i guess.
Really its all about money... esp is, in the end, just copying Jackson (with the exception of the Viper and Eclipse models, which are alterations of Gibson models) and the main reason that artists switch (at least, big artists) is better deals, or more money.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
well jacksons are getting better but the fact is that jackson isn't really as used anymore cuz esp will actually bend over for the artists, i have a both a jackson randy rhoads and a ltd dave mustaine sgnt. and i'd rather play with my ltd simply cuz it sounds better but even as we speak these new jacksons are getting better pups in em now so it wont take long for jackson to get their metal crown back.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
I mean the jackson king V, and warrior series are amazing, and ive never tried an ESP only LTD and I just completely prefered the jackson.
It's because the new metal sound is being changed ever so slightly over the "modern" years and the ESP guitars are just another step to getting that sound. Jackson and Charvel guitars were big, maybe even huge, in the 80's and early 90's and thats IMO what they should be used for. In conclusion...

ESP = Modern Metal
Jackson = Classic Metal

Which means - Jackson > ESP

... and why I bought my Soloist to compliment my JCM 800.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
It's because the new metal sound is being changed ever so slightly over the "modern" years and the ESP guitars are just another step to getting that sound. Jackson and Charvel guitars were big, maybe even huge, in the 80's and early 90's and thats IMO what they should be used for. In conclusion...

ESP = Modern Metal
Jackson = Classic Metal

I don't know what planet are you from, Mark Morton of Lamb of God has a Jackson sig...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^I said IMO if you read my post, and was giving a broad sense of what i think jacksons are
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I have the most orgasmic guitar in the history of time, a usa series jackson kelly, neck thru with SD's, it is perfection at its best, so beautiful, i can make my 5150's clean sound great with neck pup and, its just perfect... about the thread, ESP offers better deals to the artist
Its because its a lot harder for an artist to get a Jackson endorsement. ESP will literally endorse any rock star. Even Vince Neil, the lead singer of Motley Crue, as a ESP endorsement. In my opinion, Jackson is just raising the bar for its endorsee's.
yeah, esp will make a sig model for practically anyone, thereforew, guitarist makes more money. jackson>esp/ltd
i got really mad when ltd released the alexi laiho V, when all it is is a junky looking rhoads with a different pinstripe design.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by The Casualty
ESPs have a heavier tone, and not as bright which is what I assume they were looking for.

yup!
i dont know what alder ESP and Jackson are using, but when i was looking for a super strat, i A/B a SL2H(w/ emg's) and M-II, and hands down, the M-II sounded thicker and heavier compared to the trebly-thinnish sound of the SL2H, so went for the M-II instead.

but the thing about Jackson is the necks are thin and wide, and might appeal more to 'shredders' out there.

*edit

BUT
my friend owns a pre-fender SL and i can say its up to par with my M-II tonally.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Last edited by ~Andrea-Angel~ at Feb 17, 2007,
Well first up, Jackson are not slipping and they are definately good enough. My understanding of their history is that they basically went from strength to strength (the revolutionary neck through soloist models to the great warriors and rr's) until the finder buyout when the quality seemed to slip a bit but since then they have been rebuilding and especially through 05, 06, 07 IMO have made huge improvements over their entire line of guitars.

Basically the reason for ESP having more endorsements and bigger artists playing for them is because ESP are prepared to ship out guitars by the truckload to the artists and offer more money in signature deals etc.

Personally, the first Jackson i ever played was a DX10 dinky and it had the best feeling neck i had ever used and sounded great to me at the time. I bought the exact guitar i played and it has been absolutely great for about 1 1/2 years. Since then i got the chance to play a SL1 at a guitar store and basically, my head imploded because i couldnt believe how much better it was then my guitar (which is thought was great anyway).

And to the people saying big name artists are moving to ESP because they have a darker sound and that well thats a load of crap, whats a dark sound usually associated with? mahogany body? emgs? im sure the jackson custom shop wouldnt be able to do that
Jackson is owned by Fender.

Alot of ignorant metalheads take offence at that and boycott them.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
alexi laiho switched from jackson when they were bought over by fender i think.
they told him it would take ages to get a new sig. model while esp said they could do it in 3 months.

am i just talk sh*t?
Top lel.
alexi laiho moved to esp when his jacksons got nicked. he was gonna go back to jakson but esp offered him the signiture model so he took it. thats why his signiture model looks just like a randy rhoads. coz thats what he used before esp.
I don't know why...

But to me, when I think of ESPs... I always think of the necks being kind of slow and fat.
I know that's not the case all of the time, but I don't know...

'tis strange.
why cant Jackson crowd and ESP crowd just live harmoniously together without any fights?
look at mark morton and willie adler
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
yup!
i dont know what alder ESP and Jackson are using, but when i was looking for a super strat, i A/B a SL2H(w/ emg's) and M-II, and hands down, the M-II sounded thicker and heavier compared to the trebly-thinnish sound of the SL2H, so went for the M-II instead.

but the thing about Jackson is the necks are thin and wide, and might appeal more to 'shredders' out there.

*edit

BUT
my friend owns a pre-fender SL and i can say its up to par with my M-II tonally.

thats because the Jackson is neck thru...
And the neck strip is maple.

Maple is waay brighter than Alder, so its gonna sound brighter than the bolt on MII, which has a solid alder body.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by LightningRider

ESP = Modern Metal
Jackson = Classic Metal

I'd say it's more along the lines of

ESP = modern metal/metalcore
Jackson = 80's thrash, glam, and shred
Gibson = Classic metal

And all the attention ESP is getting is because of all the "MTV metal" artists are using them, and they're the most well known "metal" bands out right now.
Dickless.
Quote by Striketalonx
thats because the Jackson is neck thru...
And the neck strip is maple.

Maple is waay brighter than Alder, so its gonna sound brighter than the bolt on MII, which has a solid alder body.

The M-II is actually the urban camo, the one i bought and is now in my sig. It has the same specs as the SL2H.
MetalMilitia212
ESP = modern metal/metalcore
Jackson = 80's thrash, glam, and shred
Gibson = Classic metal

ESP=Modern Metal maybe, but not metal core. Dean's, Jackson's and Ibanez'a i would more consider metal core but that's just my opinion
jackson has a reputation for more...80s thrash i reckon.

esp is more for modern metal and so are some jacksons aswell really.
Top lel.