So recently i decided to start to build a guitar since there didn't seem to be a guitar that was just perfect yet

So here's a rough idea of want i want, you guys can help me wherever you think i need help, a.k.a. advice:

Body: Mahogaony or Basswood

Neck: Bolt-On maple (like a squier bullet or something)

Pickups: SH-4 JB Model (for bridge), (if i decide to do two pickups) Fender MIJ (for neck and bridge)

Controls: only volume

Bridge: Fender Strat style or Hard-tail 6-Saddle Bridge

Body would be styled after one of these two:
Attachments:
gtr_Blk-supro.jpg
Squier Super-Sonic.jpg
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
i like where this is going but i dont like the body. just personal preference. good pickup choices. what color you gonna paint it?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Very cool. Congrats on starting on a build. Some larger images of the guitar bodies you're considering would be helpful. My advice is to make a template before you proceed with anything else. Making a template is immensely helpful in making the guitar body EVEN if all you do is build one guitar from it. It's far easier to perfect the lines on a relatively thin piece of material and then use that to route out the shape than to try to do without. Here's a post I put together on my approach to making a guitar template as part of my first guitar build.

Some explanation about what you're trying to accomplish and what you mean by "there didn't seem to be a guitar that was just perfect" would be helpful in fleshing out requirements.

Regards,

Rob
thanks for the support guys, and especially to ririzarry

to HyperBoy im not sure what color to paint it yet but maybe some kind of combination of white, black and red (we'll see)

to ririzarry (Rob) by "there didn't seem to be a guitar that was just perfect" i meant i've played a lot of different guitars and all of them had something i didn't like (or did like), for example most Gibsons had necks that were to wide, Fender Strats didn't have a hard enough tone, my old squier bullet had a super-fast neck but not much else and my epi LP was pretty damn heavy so that's what i meant

once again thanks (and by the way Rob your site's kickass)
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by jack_the_ripper

to ririzarry (Rob) by "there didn't seem to be a guitar that was just perfect" i meant i've played a lot of different guitars and all of them had something i didn't like (or did like), for example most Gibsons had necks that were to wide, Fender Strats didn't have a hard enough tone, my old squier bullet had a super-fast neck but not much else and my epi LP was pretty damn heavy so that's what i meant

That explanation helps. I think you're on the right track then although I'd be interested in getting a bit more as to what you mean by a hard enough tone. If you mean a heavier rock tone then keep in mind that part of the difference in tone between Strats and Gibsons is the scale length. The longer scale length on Strats gives it that twangier tone. That said, you may want to consider a short scale Fender type neck like Warmoth puts out. It's still compatible with a Fender's neck pocket.

once again thanks (and by the way Rob your site's kickass)
I'm glad I can help and thanks for the compliment about the site.

Regards,

Rob