Hey, I practiced Europa more and I'm getting better at it. So this time I did a recording of it and wanted to see your opinions of it.

Please give some constructive criticism!

http://jai.dmusic.com/

It's the only song there, so it's pretty easy to notice...
Last edited by Innit at Feb 17, 2007,
The playing was nice and you hit the right notes.Nice song.
Now the bad stuff.
Your guitar was out of tune and the tone could be better.
Some more sustain would be nice.
Did you use your fender amp or was it a VST ?
If you used your amp im quite dissapointed with its tone.

Oh and you asked me how long i have been playing.Slightly more than 1,5 years.
your guitar was a little out of tune, but i liked the tone
of the guitar and the way you played it
good job!
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Quote by Evil_Magician
The playing was nice and you hit the right notes.Nice song.
Now the bad stuff.
Your guitar was out of tune and the tone could be better.
Some more sustain would be nice.
Did you use your fender amp or was it a VST ?
If you used your amp im quite dissapointed with its tone.

Oh and you asked me how long i have been playing.Slightly more than 1,5 years.

Thanks for the crit. Yeah, I'm trying to work on that sustain. I was actually using an effects pedal that was plugged into my fender amp plugged into my PC, and couldn't quite get the tone, so it sounded a bit crappy and the quality is a bit bad. I used Audacity to record it...

The tone of my amp is actually pretty good, just that combination with my laptop and effects pedal wasn't quite right...
Try getting REAPER because its very cool for recording.
And download Green Machine VST II.
All tones you ever need.
I liked it. Just maybe focus on recording a little more, it took me awhle to figure out how to do it decent. You can get lots of great apps and VST's "out there". I've got ableton live and Guitar Rig 2, both great apps, and got both of em off the net.
well first of all it's good to hit the right notes. But there is still a few minor things that needs to improve to make the "wholeiness" of the song sound good. What i mostly would like to complain abou is the tone santa has a warm nice tone, this sounded pretty bad.
and then there is some minor "flow issue" and a little bit out of pitch. but it's not bad at all. i just think you should try around and change the sound of the guitar a little bit, that could change a lot.
keep it up.
it sounds pretty good, i'm not familiar with the origional. your clean tone sucks though.

thanks for the crit.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
it sounds pretty good, i'm not familiar with the origional. your clean tone sucks though.

thanks for the crit.

Actually, that wasn't the clean tone. That was me messing around with my effects pedal. I was looking for a pre-made effect that sounded like that part of the song in the original. Though, now I come to hear it, it doesn't really have that tone in that part of the original...

I may as well just have put the pedal on bypass so that I got the clean sound, but, whatever.

I'll pot an improved version of it later, but I still wanna see some more comments...
Hey man, thanks for the crit on the Nutshell collab. Finally I am home long enough to return the favor.

Critting while listening. I read all of the comments above and I agree with most of them. Your playing is excellent but the tone and recording needs some work. There is like almost no sustain whatsoever. Santana uses PRS's I think and there is nothing but sustain coming from those things so it will be tough to sound exactly like him. Nice volumes in your mix too, the guitar and BT were well mixed, neither one overpowered the other. I would just keep messing around with your tones. Make sure you monitor your stuff through headphones so that your music is the only thing you're hearing. Nice work overall dude. Peace.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Quote by cnorthern
Hey man, thanks for the crit on the Nutshell collab. Finally I am home long enough to return the favor.

Critting while listening. I read all of the comments above and I agree with most of them. Your playing is excellent but the tone and recording needs some work. There is like almost no sustain whatsoever. Santana uses PRS's I think and there is nothing but sustain coming from those things so it will be tough to sound exactly like him. Nice volumes in your mix too, the guitar and BT were well mixed, neither one overpowered the other. I would just keep messing around with your tones. Make sure you monitor your stuff through headphones so that your music is the only thing you're hearing. Nice work overall dude. Peace.

Thanks for the crit! I think now I have a basic Idea on what I should be improving on.... I'll submit a better one when I have improved some of this...
awe... you cut it short! Right when Santana really lays into it! You did a nice job memorizing the first part, everyone seems to do well with first half this song. It's a lot to memorize. Other than that same as the others comments.
Visit me at Guitarmasterclass.net and Marcseal.com!
Quote by PickNGrin
awe... you cut it short! Right when Santana really lays into it! You did a nice job memorizing the first part, everyone seems to do well with first half this song. It's a lot to memorize. Other than that same as the others comments.

Yea, I'm still working on the ending... I just wanted to post this for comments... I'll post a versiion with the second bit later when ive learned it...