i need to know if u tighten the screws in the back of a febder strat, if it will mess up the intonation.
i appreciate any help.

(im asking because i need to tighten them because the end of my bridge sticks up away from the guitar)
u can tighten them, but dont take them off, thats how you put the neck on and take it off your guitar
I think you are referring to the screws under the plastic plate in back, correct? Not the neck bolts. You can adjust them with only moderate effect on the intonation, just make sure to loosen the strings first, lest they snap.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

oh no. im sry. i mean the screws like that are holding the springs kinda. under the backplate
You should always add more springs first. If you haven't touched your springs since you got the guitar you probably have two or three right?...

Try adding one or two more. If you changed the gauge of your strings, if it's too high they can warp your neck so if they are high you should get your neck adjusted. Wait for someone to tell you on here at what gauge of string your neck should be adjusted though... I don't remember what it is.
Strats aren't hard to intonate.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Squeeney
i need to know if u tighten the screws in the back of a febder strat, if it will mess up the intonation.
i appreciate any help.

Yes.

(im asking because i need to tighten them because the end of my bridge sticks up away from the guitar)

This is normal. That's why it's called a floating tremolo.
Quote by ColdGin
This is normal. That's why it's called a floating tremolo.

except strats are vintage trems, not floating. nice try.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
except strats are vintage trems, not floating. nice try.

From Leo Fender's own patent application form...

...If the handle 37 is not engaged or is held against movement, the instrument is played in the conventional manner and no tremolo effect is observable. If, however, the handle 37 is oscillated to and from the body during vibration of any or all strings, a tremolo effect will be produced by each of the vibrating strings...

... "to and from", meaning that in it's resting position, as illustrated above, the trem is NOT blocked in either direction, and therefor is floating.