I'm looking to buy a 1940's Martin Acoustic around where I am, the only problem is it has a few cracks to the top of the body. It still plays fine, I was just wondering what could be done to fix the cracks, even if it's just cosmetic. Would a guitar shop be able to help me with problem?

Thanks,
Adam
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
You actually have to think twice about buying that era of a Martin? What's wrong with you.

Obviously you wouldn't want to play bars or tour with that vintage of a guitar. So, as long as the cracks don't affect playability or sound, I'd go for it. But I hear I'm naive when it comes to spending money on guitars. What's so wrong about eating ramen and kool-aid for a few months if you get something good out of it?
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Yes it's fixable and yes it's worth it. Early 40's martins are not as valuble as the pre war martins, but they are still worth thousands even when they need a lot of repair. Just make sure you have a really good luthier do the work for you.
Not taking any online orders.