ok first of all this is an amazing song, but i want to know more. what effects does he use? why doesn't he pick at all in the video, and most importantly, what's this dude's deal?
the game
His deal is that he gets way more attention with the bucket than without. Good guitarists don't need gimmicks. Especially ones that have nothing to do with music.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
His deal is that he gets way more attention with the bucket than without. Good guitarists don't need gimmicks. Especially ones that have nothing to do with music.

He does it to hide his identity. He doesn't want people recognizing him on the streets and other such places. Buckethead is incredible, he just has a fun sense of humor.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Buckethead's a weird guy. People know his name (Brian Carroll) and there's one really old picture of him. But he wears that white mask and always uses a white guitar (either a LP or a V) so it makes the audience focus on the music, not the identity.

Trust me, wearing a bucket and talking through "Herbie" the rubber head isn't a publicity stunt, he does it cos he's a weird dude.
Quote by pub hero
Buckethead's a weird guy. People know his name (Brian Carroll) and there's one really old picture of him. But he wears that white mask and always uses a white guitar (either a LP or a V) so it makes the audience focus on the music, not the identity.

Trust me, wearing a bucket and talking through "Herbie" the rubber head isn't a publicity stunt, he does it cos he's a weird dude.

It has a totally opposite effect. Everyone looks at the bucket and mask and is like "ZOMG! SECRET IDENTITY!" It is the same with the slipknot and mushroomhead guys.
Quote by CowboyUp
It has a totally opposite effect. Everyone looks at the bucket and mask and is like "ZOMG! SECRET IDENTITY!" It is the same with the slipknot and mushroomhead guys.

I'm pretty sure pub hero meant smart people who actually had a hope in the first place.