Page 1 of 2
i want to do a cover of a new wave song...something like burning down the house, or i don't like mondays...something like that. but i totally want to punk it up. any ideas of what to do?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Find out the chords, and play them as power chords with vivacious drumming and amped-up vocals.
sorry, i mean what songs to do...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

burning down the house is a good one

but change it to something like

burning down the system!
If you're thinking of the Talking Heads, why not do Psycho Killer? It's almost punk already.
i think burning down the house would be fun...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

It's about the passion!! not the ****in fun!!

how about some Devo? they're stuff is pretty adaptable
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
that song makes me want to shoot myself.

Well you see, the song is about shooting rich kids, so maybe it is actually about suicide. hmm...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Well you see, the song is about shooting rich kids, so maybe it is actually about suicide. hmm...

p.w.n.t!
Quote by opivy21
If you're thinking of the Talking Heads, why not do Psycho Killer? It's almost punk already.

brnh.bandcamp.com
I keep thinking you're TiMaRmStRoNg101, on whom you have nothing.
if i were to cover some stuff, i would cover tons of the velvet underground and bob dylan stuff. no offense but, why are you guys listening to that new wave garbage... new wave=corporate version of punk. and man i hope you allready new that
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
new wave=corporate version of punk. and man i hope you allready new that

Ever heard of DEVO?
Quote by drugfreeboy
like i said.

you got something against homosexuals now?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Siftings
It's about the passion!! not the ****in fun!!

how about some Devo? they're stuff is pretty adaptable

yeah do Uncontrolable Urge

well, if you got something against new wave, don't bring in the gays and use homophobic slurs...just say new wave sucks...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

okay...rancid sucks...tim armstrong is an asshole and destroying the punk scene, matt freeman is an over rated **** face and lars is a huge drug enducing **** stain.

everyone has their opinions...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

those are my opinions of those douche bags
Quote by BrianApocalypse

also proto-punk...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by TlM ARMSTRONG
You have an opinion but you happen to be wrong. Non of those are true.

dude tim armstrong is destroying the punk scene, so mike is right about that. matt freeman is a damn good bassist sorry mike2 he is good, but lars fredirikson is a crazy tweaker. as i said in another post, thats getting a LOT of flamming, and it seems to always revolve around mr punx rawx tim armstrong, my friend saw lars fredirikson hitting on a 14 year old chick and he was actin like a crazy tweaker. oh and by the way, do any of you know lars fredirikson? umm NO you dont. so you dont know if he quit drugs or not. and everyone i know who has seen lars frediriskon in person, said he is a crazy tweaker.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
He's not that good, he still plays with a pick for gods sake! everyone thinks he is good cause of that damn song maxwell murder...i swear to got it is so tastless and i can do that, and im not that good of a bassist! he just picks really fast...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by TlM ARMSTRONG
You have an opinion but you happen to be wrong. Non of those are true.

Opinions are niether right nor are they wrong. Factual information is the only thing that is as black and white as such arguements of write or wrong. Opinions are somones personal beliefes, preference, or thoughts so with such being said you can not have a wrong opinion.
Quote by TlM ARMSTRONG
You serious sargasm about what you said about me?

I said I keep mistaking you for another user who also happens to have 'tim armstrong' in his name. What's there to be serious about?
Quote by mike2
He's not that good, he still plays with a pick for gods sake! everyone thinks he is good cause of that damn song maxwell murder...i swear to got it is so tastless and i can do that, and im not that good of a bassist! he just picks really fast...

not for the sake of arguing but when i saw rancid matt used his fingers...alot. esspecially on that solo. tim is horrible and destroying the punk scene, and lars in my opinion is better in the bastards(i hated the viking, not as impressive as the self-titled) and is on drugs. the show i saw him at was postponed like two months cause he od'd or went into some kind of seizer in cananda a day or two before the show i was goin to.

and mike 2 sorry the way i throw gay, fags, and queers around makes you uneasy. not my fault you don't like the way i speak. i'm no homophope, i don't hate gay people, i'm just not PC bros. sorry i can't fit into your american style of life.
Page 1 of 2