I just started playing guitar, and I've noticed in some of the tabs, it'll show:

e---
B-2
G---
D---
A-0
E---

I'm confused on how to play this, because it doesn't look like a chord.
the 0 is 'open' on the A string and you put a finger on the second fret (2) on the B string.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
it not a chord, i suposse you should play that with finger picking technique, cause it's doesn't look like it should be muted
Use Finger picking unless you want to mute the two strings in between the notes when you play it.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Or you could hybrid pick it, that is: use your pick for the open A and use one of your other fingers (middle or ring finger) for the C# on the B string, that's how i'd do it.
its just a regular ocatave, but with two spaces in it instead of one. some people are retarded and cant type things out simple.

e-----
B-----
G-7---
D-----
A-----
E-5---
Quote by toddpens8771
its just a regular ocatave, but with two spaces in it instead of one. some people are retarded and cant type things out simple.

Some people are retarded and don't know what they're talking about:

1) Even if you were correct, the extra string would make it a compound 4th, not an octave, an octave shape yes, but not an octave.

2) It's on the wrong strings anyway, the fact that it's got the B string involved changes the intervals, if it was on strings one string apart it would be a major seventh on the B, not an octave, as it is it's a major 10th (compound 3rd)

3) those two notes on lower strings would be:

e|-
b|-
G|6
D|-
A|-
E|5
I thought we have to play the strings between the chords muted
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna